Missing definitions

Have a question about our Software Developer Kit? Ask them here.

Missing definitions

Postby xenic » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:32 am

There is this item in SDK:Include/include_h/gadgets/layout.h:

#define LAYOUT_LabelColumn (LAYOUT_Dummy+34)
/* (ULONG) LABELTEXT_LEFT or LABELTEXT_RIGHT, the side where object
labels are placed in a vertical group. */

I can't find LABELTEXT_LEFT or LABELTEXT_RIGHT defined anywhere in the SDK. Can someone tell me what the values should be and add them to the SDK?
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
xenic
 
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:06 am

Re: Missing definitions

Postby tonyw » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:49 am

Can't find those macro names anywhere so I suspect they are typos.

Have you tried using these values (from the end of layout.h) :

#define LALIGN_LEFT 0
#define LALIGN_RIGHT 1
#define LALIGN_CENTER 2
cheers
tony
User avatar
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer
 
Posts: 1260
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:36 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Missing definitions

Postby salass00 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:23 pm

xenic wrote:There is this item in SDK:Include/include_h/gadgets/layout.h:

#define LAYOUT_LabelColumn (LAYOUT_Dummy+34)
/* (ULONG) LABELTEXT_LEFT or LABELTEXT_RIGHT, the side where object
labels are placed in a vertical group. */

I can't find LABELTEXT_LEFT or LABELTEXT_RIGHT defined anywhere in the SDK. Can someone tell me what the values should be and add them to the SDK?


The correct names are PLACETEXT_LEFT and PLACETEXT_RIGHT and they are mentioned in the autodoc (the defines themselves are in <libraries/gadtools.h>).
User avatar
salass00
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:12 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Missing definitions

Postby xenic » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:46 pm

salass00 wrote:The correct names are PLACETEXT_LEFT and PLACETEXT_RIGHT and they are mentioned in the autodoc (the defines themselves are in <libraries/gadtools.h>).

Good to know. However, my primary reason for reporting problems here is to get them corrected in the SDK. The note in the LAYOUT_LabelColumn item in SDK:Include/include_h/gadgets/layout.h needs to be corrected to match the autodoc. Will you or Tony correct it?
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
xenic
 
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:06 am

Re: Missing definitions

Postby salass00 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:00 pm

@xenic

I corrected the header file comment just after posting and committed it to the source repo.
User avatar
salass00
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:12 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Missing definitions

Postby xenic » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:23 am

salass00 wrote:@xenic

I corrected the header file comment just after posting and committed it to the source repo.

Thanks.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
xenic
 
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:06 am


Return to SDK Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests