Missing popupmenu include file (RESOLVED)

Have a question about our Software Developer Kit? Ask them here.
xenic

Missing popupmenu include file (RESOLVED)

Post by xenic »

I was going to switch Dopus4 sources from using old (custom generated) includes for popupmenu.library to using the newer popupmenu.library includes in the OS4 SDK. However it appears that SDK:Include/include_h/libraries/ is misssing the popupmenu library file: popupmenu.h. Can this be fixed for the next SDK so that programs don't need to use their own includes for popupmenu.library?
Last edited by xenic on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Missing popupmenu include file

Post by ssolie »

You should avoid using popupmenu.library directly. Instead, try to use the new popupmenu.class instead.
ExecSG Team Lead
xenic

Re: Missing popupmenu include file (SOLVED)

Post by xenic »

ssolie wrote:You should avoid using popupmenu.library directly. Instead, try to use the new popupmenu.class instead.
If I write a new program, I will. However, some old programs like Dopus4 aren't Reaction and use the library directly. Shouldn't any library that is included in OS4 have the full set of required files included in the SDK? I see with closer examination that the other popupmenu includes apply to popupmenu.class so we actually need all the popupmenu.library includes in order to use the library. I'll just continue to use the old popupmenu.library includes with Dopus4. I would also like to point out that if OS4 popupmenu.library is changed in a way that is not backward compatible or is eliminated, some programs like Dopus4 will no longer work.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
chris

Re: Missing popupmenu include file (SOLVED)

Post by chris »

xenic wrote: If I write a new program, I will. However, some old programs like Dopus4 aren't Reaction and use the library directly.
You can still change them to use the class. I've not used the library so don't know how much it differs, but with the class you just construct a menu tree and then call the method PM_OPEN when you want it to appear. It's not linked to window.class (or any other BOOPSI/Reaction gadgetry) at all.