SDK AHI includes

Have a question about our Software Developer Kit? Ask them here.
xenic

SDK AHI includes

Post by xenic »

Since we were told that a new SDK would be released some time after the release of OS4.1FE, I'd like to request that a new set of AHI includes be generated to replace the AHI includes in SDK 53.24. I recently tried to compile a program that uses AHI and discovered that the current AHI includes wouldn't work. I had to replace them. The proto/ahi.h file includes clib/ahi_protos.h and inline/protos.h which is wrong for OS4. There is an inline/ahi.h and defines/ahi.h file but no inline4 AHI files for OS4. The AHI include files are dated 2005. Could we please get updated (working) AHI includes in the next SDK?

P.S. It wouldn't hurt to add XadMaster includes too. There are some at OS4Depot.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
chris

Re: SDK AHI includes

Post by chris »

..and also the includes for bz2.library and z.library.
kas1e
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by kas1e »

@Xenic
I had to make my own ahi inludes (via fdtrans and co) when doing port of odyssey's html5 player. If there is needs, i can upload those includes.
xenic

Post by xenic »

kas1e wrote:@Xenic
I had to make my own ahi inludes (via fdtrans and co) when doing port of odyssey's html5 player. If there is needs, i can upload those includes.
I generated OS4 AHI includes to compile Dopus4 years ago. The problem is that when the SDK has bogus include filles in the main include directory, the local includes don't get used. After SDK 53.24 was released, I spent hours trying to figure out why my compile was breaking on AHI stuff. Eventually, I discovered the bad SDK AHI includes and removed them. I'm not sure why we have clib includes in the OS4 SDK but most of them contain warnings not to use them with OS4. The ones that don't were obviouly added later in a haphazard way.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE