MUI

Have a question about our Software Developer Kit? Ask them here.
AmiDog

MUI

Post by AmiDog »

Which are the steps required to be able to build MUI apps with the latest SDK (53.20)? I just took the time to make a full OS4 reinstall (i.e. Update 1, followed by 2 and 3) and installed the SDK afterwards. Trying to build an MUI app right away give errors as the MUI includes can't be found. Seems they are no longer in the searchpath. Specifying the path to where they live now does instead give errors about muiprog.h not being found. Defining MUIPROG_H removes that error, but then it complains about undefined structures...
kas1e
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: MUI

Post by kas1e »

Because mui come as not something about which Hyperion want to wory very much: mui's sdk stuff in the SDK:Mui, and not like all the others includes. Expectually includes in the SDK:Mui/C/Include. Whay you can do its or add to your search path somethere in startup that directory, or just copy manually everything from the sdk:mui/c/include to the sdk:include/include_h/ (i personaly do it by second route, i.e. just re-copy).

Maybe in next SDK mui headers will be at the place where they should be (as for all the others components), but chances that it will be untouched and will be as it now, are high, of course.
AmiDog

Post by AmiDog »

The problem is that if I specify the path to SDK:MUI/C/Include it will barf about muiprog.h not being found, and if I define MUIPROG_H to silence that warning, it will barf about structures being declared in the parameter lists (or similar). I still wonder why SDK 53.15 had all MUI includes in the right place to begin with, while SDK 53.20 apparently doesn't.

I had these problems way back when 53.20 was originally released as well, but I figured it might have been something wrong with my system or the download as no one else seemed to have any problems, so I simply kept using 53.15 instead. However, after downloading everything again, doing a clean install, but still having problems, I figured I should ask here.
kas1e
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by kas1e »

@Amidog
Try then just recopy files , should works. I also do not do any MUIPROG_H defines for mui progs. Just include of <proto/muimaster.h> (while all the files recopied, and muimaster.h are in proto of course)