it is possible to make attaching of .lha and .txt ?

This is the place to ask if you have any issues with our forum system. These include questions about your account, PM's, login trouble, etc.
kas1e
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

it is possible to make attaching of .lha and .txt ?

Post by kas1e »

Just notice myself few days ago when want to attach some stuff from os4 : i can't attach .lha files, and code of forum say "can't attach .lha". Also as i notice today in some other topic, MickJt also can't attach .txt. It is possible to add ability to attach them ? .lha are pretty handy when you works on os4 to attach, and .txt are good to attach crashlogs.
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: it is possible to make attaching of .lha and .txt ?

Post by broadblues »

Attaching images appears to work as the following random test shows
boing_tut_start.jpg
boing_tut_start.jpg (3.52 KiB) Viewed 15350 times
Txt can be added with the hidden tag as described http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz ... p?f=9&t=72

It wouldn't be my deceision on lha ofcourse but I would say attaching archives might make reading threads more difficult.
kas1e
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by kas1e »

@broadblues
It wouldn't be my deceision on lha ofcourse but I would say attaching archives might make reading threads more difficult.
Dunno, but i already attached few archives in SDK sub-forum, and its not make topic difficult to read after that :) Forum already support zip, so why not add lha , it will be at least logical, because on aos we offten use lha archives.
Deniil

Post by Deniil »

kas1e wrote:Just notice myself few days ago when want to attach some stuff from os4 : i can't attach .lha files, and code of forum say "can't attach .lha". Also as i notice today in some other topic, MickJt also can't attach .txt. It is possible to add ability to attach them ? .lha are pretty handy when you works on os4 to attach, and .txt are good to attach crashlogs.
I just noticed this my and I pretty much exploded with anger how #¢%& stupid a support forum can get. I bit myself in the lip and settled with :evil: "smiley". "Extension txt not supported" when you know crashlogs come as txt. Come on!
Rigo
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by Rigo »

@Deniil

To save you eating your face, have a look here, and all will become apparent.

http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz ... p?f=9&t=72

So you can paste crashlogs without cluttering up the forums.

Simon
Deniil

Post by Deniil »

@Rigo

Thanks. That also works. But why not adjust the attachment procedure to allow at least txt? And since it allows zip, why not lha?