Hyperion Games- Where to buy?

This is the place to ask if you have any issues with our forum system. These include questions about your account, PM's, login trouble, etc.
twpatriot

Hyperion Games- Where to buy?

Post by twpatriot »

Dear all,

Hyperion Entertainment needs to make profit...ok, but where the heck I can buy their games? Besides Amiga OS 4.1 no dealer has their titles in the shelves.

If it is too expensive to press CD-Roms, then simply make them available online for sale! :P

What is the problem?

I want to buy high end software for NG Amigas :mrgreen:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amiga Forever 2016 Amiga OS 4.1classic final version on a Dell Inspirion 14, 3000 Series

Waiting for X5000 - Speed up guys! :D

Blackberry Z30 - Business and Amiga fun games on the go

Blackberry Playbook - 64 GB of multimedia pleasure in your hands
kas1e
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Hyperion Games- Where to buy?

Post by kas1e »

Sadly but most (if not all) hyperion games will not works on os4.x anymore. At least Shogo and Heretic don't works. Also no more warpos support not for x1000, not for x5000, probably also not for sams if i remember right. In other words, don't waste your time with those old games, they "ok" only for old classic ppc machines. There is lots more of opensource ports already (quakes, openjk, smokeandguns, cube, heretics, dooms, whatever else), sure , they make no profit for hyperion, but if you want to suppot them, buy more aos4 copies :))
HKvalhe

Post by HKvalhe »

kas1e wrote:Sadly but most (if not all) hyperion games will not works on os4.x anymore. At least Shogo and Heretic don't works. Also no more warpos support not for x1000, not for x5000, probably also not for sams if i remember right. In other words, don't waste your time with those old games, they "ok" only for old classic ppc machines. There is lots more of opensource ports already (quakes, openjk, smokeandguns, cube, heretics, dooms, whatever else), sure , they make no profit for hyperion, but if you want to suppot them, buy more aos4 copies :))
It would be perfect to rebuild these games to run on upcoming Amiga hardware like the X5000 and X3500 (both based on the same motherboard being pin-compatible with P3041, P5020 and P5040 Freescale multicore PPC CPUs). Such will also show the true power of the new Amiga, and could help impress the whole computer industry showing what new Amiga truly can do.

Yes, there is a lot of open source ports that really impress, and it means buying more AOS4 copies. I completely agree with you on this :)
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
AmigaOne 500 @ 1.15Ghz Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB, AmigaOS 4.1 Final, 2GB DDR2, Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E, ESI@Juli XTe PCIe audio
twpatriot

Post by twpatriot »

Even buying Amiga OS 4.1 updates isn't easy, since I have to live (due to my job) in Seoul Korea. A country which imposes all sorts of import barriers although the EU signed an FTA with Korea and the Koreans flood their shit on the EU markets, I barely see anything non-Korean here. Just look out of the window and you just see Korean cars.
Even my toilet paper is made by LG chemicals :mrgreen:

I paid and ordered OS 4.1 final update and keep waiting for weeks. I guess the customs clearance here is undecided how much to charge for software which doesn't work on their windows PCs (with illegal copies of course).

Amiga Forever 2016 Amiga OS 4.1classic final version on a Dell Inspirion 14, 3000 Series

RobMattin

Post by RobMattin »

Amigakit have Quake 2 and Freespace in stock, just click the link to products by Hyperion.

Quake 2 works fine both in hardware and software rendering mode. Freespace crashes in hardware mode and there is some corruption of the graphics in software mode but I was still able to play it.

Have an X1000 and Radeon R9 280 here.
twpatriot

Post by twpatriot »

Hi Robmartin,

I ordered and paid with Amiga Kit weeks ago. After sending reminder after reminder, they finally found their way to the post office.

Now I have to wait another few weeks until the arrival. :cry: