Forum topic icon meanings

This is the place to ask if you have any issues with our forum system. These include questions about your account, PM's, login trouble, etc.
xenic

Forum topic icon meanings

Post by xenic »

I've looked in the FAQs but still haven't figured out what some of the forum topic icons indicate. Some meanings have become obvious; an asterisk in th icon seems to indicate that I have posted to that topic, a lock in the icon means that it is locked and no additional postings can be made. What does a red (most are blue) icon mean? What does the icon with scrolling text indicate? Maybe the answers are on this board somewhere but I haven't found them.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
Raziel

Re: Forum topic icon meanings

Post by Raziel »

Translating from other fora:

Lock - Locked topic - no posting possible
Asterisk - A topic created by you or at least one time posted in from you
Scrolling text - The topic is "on fire", means a certain amount of answers have been reached

What the differing colors mean i don't know and i'm not sure if i even seen one.
For me all topics have a brown/orange circle
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
xenic

Post by xenic »

Raziel wrote:Translating from other fora:

Lock - Locked topic - no posting possible
Asterisk - A topic created by you or at least one time posted in from you
Scrolling text - The topic is "on fire", means a certain amount of answers have been reached

What the differing colors mean i don't know and i'm not sure if i even seen one.
For me all topics have a brown/orange circle
You might be more color-blind than I am. Most of the circles (and the little text in them) appear blue to me. The ones I called red may actually be more of a brown/orange color. Since I haven't read most of the topics in this forum it looks like the brown/orange (red?) circles may indicate topics that I have read. Since I'm somewhat color-blind, I really don't like it when things are color coded on the Internet or in programs.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

hah, now i found one that is blue (really hard to see) :-)

If i'm not completely wrong blue means the thread has new/unread (by you) posts in it.
Thats why i didn't recognize any blue threads, i have read or at least seen all of the posts ;-)

The "on fire" remark would also go for "popular"
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg