35MB SQLite Asian Language DB in Locale: permissible?

This forum is for discussion of the AmigaOS 4.x localization. This includes translation errors as well as proposals for improved translations, and other topics related to localization.
Belxjander

35MB SQLite Asian Language DB in Locale: permissible?

Post by Belxjander »

I have a full Chinese, Japanese and Korean DataBase that I tracked down online and I'm thinking of installing it with limited or no packaging and a definite readme with correct attribution in Locale:

Would this be better placed in a Locale:DB/ directory?

Just for the record - The information is Creative-Commons-By-Share-Alike licensed with Attribution as the only prerequisite.
So I plan to document the DataBase accordingly with a locally updated copy of the repository as source for automated packaging.

So there is no legal limitations or other entanglements.
twpatriot

Re: 35MB SQLite Asian Language DB in Locale: permissible?

Post by twpatriot »

I support you!

I wish Amiga OS 4.x would have a better Asian language support.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amiga Forever 2016 Amiga OS 4.1classic final version on a Dell Inspirion 14, 3000 Series

Waiting for X5000 - Speed up guys! :D

Blackberry Z30 - Business and Amiga fun games on the go

Blackberry Playbook - 64 GB of multimedia pleasure in your hands
Belxjander

Re: 35MB SQLite Asian Language DB in Locale: permissible?

Post by Belxjander »

Well I have a practical ibrary expansion for locale.library (open sourced so free for anyone to modify and build their own forks...)

With at least preliminary modules for Chinese (currently only placeholding with some UTF8 strings), Japanese (UTF8 strings, Romaji to Hiragana, working on Kanji popup-menu-selection to be inlined) and Korean (placeholding, needs strings and chord->staging logic for Jamo to Hangul)

Changing the language when Perception-IME is currently loaded has a known issue. not going to affect the system directly
(this is a Perception-IME contained issue if perception is re-used for the new language after previous use)

If anyone wants to test a developer build...feel free to ask...I'll send out a per-user build (if you don't use sgit against github/gitlab with the AmigaOS 4.1 FE SDK release to build your own )

see /Belxjander/Perception-IME on GitHub.com or GitLab.com for actual project code along with some resource data.