Translations - how to get started

This forum is for discussion of the AmigaOS 4.x localization. This includes translation errors as well as proposals for improved translations, and other topics related to localization.

Translations - how to get started

Postby morpa » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:31 pm

Hi!
I'm a fairly experienced translator, doing a lot of translations to Swedish for Ubuntu, Gnome and other related free software. However, I would like to help out with the Swedish localization of Amiga OS 4.1. I noticed in 4.1. final that there's still some stuff in English etc.
So, how do I get started?`And to whom would I send translations to - hyperion directly??
SAM460ex/1.15 GHz,Kingston 2 GB RAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400),3.5 500 GB HDD Seagate st500dm0, DVD-RW Drive,SATA Controller SiI3114 PCI (4 ports),Amiga one keyboard and mouse, Radeon HD4650, 1 GB DDR2 VGA/DVI/HDMI
morpa

Re: Translations - how to get started

Postby ssolie » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:22 am

morpa wrote:I'm a fairly experienced translator, doing a lot of translations to Swedish for Ubuntu, Gnome and other related free software. However, I would like to help out with the Swedish localization of Amiga OS 4.1. I noticed in 4.1. final that there's still some stuff in English etc.
So, how do I get started?`And to whom would I send translations to - hyperion directly??

Try contacting Costel Mincea (aka Cyborg) at cyborg@stackswap.net
AmigaOS Development Team Lead
Be authentic. Get AmigaOS.
ssolie
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Translations - how to get started

Postby morpa » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:32 pm

ssolie wrote:
morpa wrote:I'm a fairly experienced translator, doing a lot of translations to Swedish for Ubuntu, Gnome and other related free software. However, I would like to help out with the Swedish localization of Amiga OS 4.1. I noticed in 4.1. final that there's still some stuff in English etc.

Try contacting Costel Mincea (aka Cyborg) at cyborg@stackswap.net

Yes, got the help needed to get started!
SAM460ex/1.15 GHz,Kingston 2 GB RAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400),3.5 500 GB HDD Seagate st500dm0, DVD-RW Drive,SATA Controller SiI3114 PCI (4 ports),Amiga one keyboard and mouse, Radeon HD4650, 1 GB DDR2 VGA/DVI/HDMI
morpa

Return to Localization