X1000 CD Audio

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
Amigaboy

Re: X1000 CD Audio

Post by Amigaboy »

@Lyle
Sorry Lyle, I didn`know that this function is not supported via`AHI. I thought that all these games work through AHI. Sorry for my missunderstanding. Please take it not personally. I know you do great work on OS4.1. Now i take finally a hand on nemosound.....
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

Amigaboy wrote:Hum. If that`s the only wroking solution, I must say that`s kind of sad. I mean there`s an CD AUDIO-IN port on the mainboard and i have to pay to make it work :? So i think i will use the output from the headphones an connect it to my speakers. So i can hear the soundtrack through the speakers an the FXs through my monitor who is connected to the onboard soundcard. :idea:
Oh, actually i have a Gigabit LAN chip on my mainboard and would GLADLY pay (do you hear that, Hyperion devs, GLADLY!!!) for a driver to finally get rid of the PCI LAN card. :-)
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

LyleHaze wrote:@xenic
If he wants to complain that AHI does not fulfill all his desires. I'm fine with that,
If he wants to know how it works, I'm ok with that too.

As soon as he said "there`s an CD AUDIO-IN port on the mainboard and i have to pay to make it work." he crossed a line.

Then it's not about customer support, it's about defending myself for writing a $5 tool to help Amigans get more than AHI can offer.

Apparently I am not sufficiently medicated to offer support at this level.
Hey Lyle,

I know it might be too late, but i didn't know you released your smart little tool yet. Cool!!! :-)

Hands down you are a great coder. Don' take it personally, some (very cool) little things go unnoticed and Amigaboy didn't know about it (heck, i didn't give much hints either)

Keep coding, i know i will love your stuff ;-)
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
LyleHaze
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by LyleHaze »

I should apologize for being an asshole.
Some days I really should not even turn on the computer.

So let me start with the necessary stuff:
I was rude, I overreacted, and I sincerely apologize if I offended you Amigaboy.
I'll try to avoid doing that again.

Onward, perhaps with some better news.
Among other things, NemoSound can be controlled with standard MIDI messages.
Most people won't care a bit, but MAYBE if you had a cheap (or free) midi controller, it might be more appealing.

If your phone/tablet is android 6 or higher, it supports "class compatible MIDI", and so does OS4.
A FREE program called "TouchDAW", or many others I'm sure, are available in the Play store which can output the control messages.
SO, if you've invested in NemoSound, you have the option to use a phone or tablet connected by USB as a "remote" screen for audio controls.

OK, so it's not earth shattering news, but it's SOMETHING.

I make it a policy never to discuss other peoples projects. (this includes stuff _I_ am writing for other people). Today I'll make an exception.
The original "complaint" is that the AHI driver does not support a specific feature that the audio chips are capable of, and so NemoSound is required to get access to those extra features.
The sound chip in the A1222 has some "extra" features, including audio limiting and compression, with TONS of adjustments. Of course AHI will never touch those. But beginning with the A1222, ALL of the audio codec control registers will be exposed to CAMD.library. This means that you'll be able to reach ANYTHING in the chip, stuff that works, stuff that does not work, stuff I don't care about, everything.

So people who want more access can play to their hearts content.
The authors of "Mixer" will have a much easier job setting up new sound boards.
Even amateur programmers can create their own "custom" control windows based on code from OS4Depot/camdtools/mixer.
Any audio controls can be scripted, or recorded and played back with any MIDI file player.

If it catches on, I think it will make support of diverse sound cards more simple.

So, for whatever it's worth, NemoSound owners can do all this NOW, A1222 owners will get control of everything, and hopefully we will start a trend.

LyleHaze
vox

Post by vox »

LyleHaze wrote:@xenic

As soon as he said "there`s an CD AUDIO-IN port on the mainboard and i have to pay to make it work." he crossed a line.

Then it's not about customer support, it's about defending myself for writing a $5 tool to help Amigans get more than AHI can offer.

Apparently I am not sufficiently medicated to offer support at this level.
C mon Lyle, dont be so hard on both yourself and the user.

Man sees he has needed header on board, buys right cable and wonders why something that used to work doesnt.

He forgets Amiga drivers dont change input preferences on "autoconfig" way anymore so it has to be done by hand.
He hasnt mentioned you and wasnt aware of mixer you did for Nemo.

Keep on the good work.

However, I will a bit defend him as AmigaOS does not support everything Nemo board has to offer and that is not your fault either (namely fast onboard LAN, up to 8GB RAM and second core). Thank YOU for making a PCI slot free with supporting the Intel HD sound.
vox

Post by vox »

Raziel wrote:
Amigaboy wrote:Hum. If that`s the only wroking solution, I must say that`s kind of sad. I mean there`s an CD AUDIO-IN port on the mainboard and i have to pay to make it work :? So i think i will use the output from the headphones an connect it to my speakers. So i can hear the soundtrack through the speakers an the FXs through my monitor who is connected to the onboard soundcard. :idea:
Oh, actually i have a Gigabit LAN chip on my mainboard and would GLADLY pay (do you hear that, Hyperion devs, GLADLY!!!) for a driver to finally get rid of the PCI LAN card. :-)
Double dat. PCI slots are not many and can have better use.
Strangest stuff, early beta of x1000 ethernet.device is on OS 4.1FE x1000 CD, it just dont work.