Dead X1000? :( [SOLVED]

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
AmigaNG

Dead X1000? :( [SOLVED]

Post by AmigaNG »

I really hope not, but my X1000 refusing to do pretty much anything, last month it did develop a little gremlin where sometime it wouldn't boot and just lock up at the bios screen like it couldn't find the Hard drive, opening it up, checking all the cables and leaving it off the power from the PSU for half an hour it all seemed to worked on ok again, a week latter got a few errors on a boot, simple rest seem to fix the error. Any way past few times used it, its been all a ok. Now for the past week I've not used the system, busy at work, came to use it today and it wont display anything, No bios, no nothing, checked my monitor cables, all is ok, both the keyboard and mouse usb device also appear to not be connected no lights on either. The motherboard has power it shows two lights and the DVD drive ejects and fans all work. The hard drive doesn't sound like its doing anything. When I come to turn it off, it wont, holding down the power button does nothing. I turned it off the PSu, opened it all checked all cables are all fine, left it off for a while hoping it would come on but still nothing. Could this be the cell battery giving out? or a GFX problem? help! :(
2012 - the year I got a new Amiga and the world ended.....a good year.
LyleHaze
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Dead X1000? :(

Post by LyleHaze »

It would probably be best to immediately open a ticket with AmigaKit.
Too much poking and prodding may only complicate the problem.

There are some troubleshooting tips at the Wiki.
http://wiki.amigaos.net/index.php/AmigaOne_X1000

Good Luck,
LyleHaze
danbeaver

Post by danbeaver »

Lyle is correct. I was reseating SATA cables and knocked off a capacitor; get it looked at by Amigakit so you don't embarrass yourself like I did.
ddni

Post by ddni »

What symptoms would be expected from a dead motherboard battery? Would it be prudent to replace it as well as raise a support ticket?
AmigaNG

Post by AmigaNG »

well I been at work today, but on the way home stop to buy replacement battery (2032), I will be very careful and try and replace that and if that doesnt work I think it will be an Amigakit help me, moment. I have sent them a ticket just to see if they think it might be anything else. I wont get time to mess with it until Friday anyway. really hoping its not broke. I dont have much spare cash at the moment either. :(
AmigaNG

Post by AmigaNG »

its not looking good guys, led2 light is on, according to the manual thats a CPU fault. :cry: see what amigakit says. Istill had a quick go a changing the battery and doing other suggested solutions with no luck.
amigasociety

Post by amigasociety »

Sorry to hear you are having X1000 issues.

Curious... is your X1000 a stock system or have added cards, cables, drives... etc...

Scares me when I see X1000 that stop booting. I can kind of understand possible issues for those with add-on cards and tinkering inside the box but on a stock system, would think these X1000 should work for many many years without issues, especially a major item like a CPU.

Hope it is an easy fix.

TJ
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by sundown »

AmigaNG wrote:its not looking good guys, led2 light is on, according to the manual thats a CPU fault. :cry: see what amigakit says. Istill had a quick go a changing the battery and doing other suggested solutions with no luck.
I had a similar problem at one point, every time I took the x outside to blow out the dirt, it wouldn't boot after. Tracked it down to the PSU power connection to the board, it wasn't pushed all the way in, no problem since, never know.

Ken
X1000 - Antec Solo case, 4GB DDR2 mem, XFX R9 270 gfx card, Plextor DVD, 2 Samsung 1TB F3 HDD, RTL-8139 network card, Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

@AmigaNG:

What is the serial output saying during the boot process? If you can't see that, you (and all of us) are completely in the dark.
cheers
tony
Slayer
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Slayer »

Do you try booting from the CD? Did you ensure the X1000 was always powered down before you tinkered inside? The X1000 is a great MB and doesn't deserve to be a victim of "ghosts in the machine"

Lets hope it's something simple and that's been overlooked or unidentified :ugeek: and like Tony said, any chance of the serial capture?

good luck
~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x