Dead X1000? :( [SOLVED]

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Dead X1000? :(

Post by tonyw »

Lol, yes, it could be confusing...
cheers
tony
AmigaNG

Post by AmigaNG »

Just to keep you updated guys, I meet up with the Amigakit guys at Blackpool Retro event (it was closer than Cardiff) they had a go at repairing it there, but it looks like it might be a bit more serious, so it off to varisys for further investigation, hopefully I wont be AmigaOne less for too long. :?
2012 - the year I got a new Amiga and the world ended.....a good year.
Christopher Follett
AmigaKit
AmigaKit

Post by Christopher Follett »

AmigaNG wrote:Just to keep you updated guys, I meet up with the Amigakit guys at Blackpool Retro event (it was closer than Cardiff) they had a go at repairing it there, but it looks like it might be a bit more serious, so it off to varisys for further investigation, hopefully I wont be AmigaOne less for too long. :?
Updated your ticket, ;).
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
http://www.ultimateamiga.co.uk (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

http://www.amigakit.com - the Amiga store

New Products
AmigaNG

Post by AmigaNG »

Back Online, :D X1000 all fixed, the awesome guys over at Amigakit, helped to get my machine back pretty quickly and all it cost for the service was the postage. Also now have the latest Firmware and bought the Ubuntu Live DVD which is pretty dam cool to play with on the machine. Great work to the guys who worked on this. But the best thing about getting my machine back is enjoying the updated browser and Youtube running in the browser it great to see we finally have a pretty powerful and up to date browser. lets keep this party going.

So what was the problem, it looks like it was the Reset switch / Connectors so you can add this too the wiki of thing to check if you have a X1000 problem. disconnect the reset switch and it may work. simple when you bloody know. ;)

thanks Amigakit and everyone else who tried to help, great community we have.
2012 - the year I got a new Amiga and the world ended.....a good year.
musa

Post by musa »

AmigaNG wrote:Back Online, :D X1000 all fixed, the awesome guys over at Amigakit, helped to get my machine back pretty quickly and all it cost for the service was the postage. Also now have the latest Firmware and bought the Ubuntu Live DVD which is pretty dam cool to play with on the machine. Great work to the guys who worked on this. But the best thing about getting my machine back is enjoying the updated browser and Youtube running in the browser it great to see we finally have a pretty powerful and up to date browser. lets keep this party going.

So what was the problem, it looks like it was the Reset switch / Connectors so you can add this too the wiki of thing to check if you have a X1000 problem. disconnect the reset switch and it may work. simple when you bloody know. ;)

Congratulations :D
AmigaX1000
Follow me on twitter @basjoo_dk
breed

Post by breed »

AmigaNG wrote:Back Online, :D X1000 all fixed, the awesome guys over at Amigakit, helped to get my machine back pretty quickly and all it cost for the service was the postage. Also now have the latest Firmware and bought the Ubuntu Live DVD which is pretty dam cool to play with on the machine. Great work to the guys who worked on this. But the best thing about getting my machine back is enjoying the updated browser and Youtube running in the browser it great to see we finally have a pretty powerful and up to date browser. lets keep this party going.

Great News, enjoy!!! :D
X1000 = \o/
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology

Re: Dead X1000? :( [SOLVED]

Post by trevordick »

Excellent news, glad it was a simple fix! :-)

Trevor
I'm just Breezin'
328gts

Post by 328gts »

great news it was an easy & quick fix afterall :D

PLEASE do update the wiki as I had a similar 'easy fix problem' that took me months to solve see below, the more info we have like this can save future owners ALOT of grief.

TO SOLVE ISSUE OF X1000 NOT BOOTING UP:

" 328gts wrote:@ xeno74

ok thanks for the info.

let's start:
- turn off power to PSU
- remove plug from PSU
- remove power connector to NEMO
- take out one ram card (leave only one to the right of PA6T i.e closest to back of case)
- plug power connector back on NEMO
- connect PSU power & switch on PSU
- turn on X1000

if X1000 boots up to WB, press and hold the power button for 3-5 seconds & it should shut off.

Thats on the button, :). Can we sticky this, :).
Or add it to wiki under trouble shooting?
A1-X1000 setup: Corsair GS800 800w PSU, Western Digital 250 GB SATA HDD (model:WD2500YS), 4GB Ram, Radeon HD7950-3GB GDDR5- Dual Slot, Lite-On RW DVD/CD, On-Board Nemo sound,8139B NIC, Catweasel MK4+
ddni

Post by ddni »

So we have a fix, do we have a cause?

All this disconnecting PSUs and removing RAM, sounds like some sort of voodoo! What exactly is it fixing?
Discharging some stubborn capacitors? Reseating loose parts? Coincidental extended down time allowing something to cool?
328gts

Post by 328gts »

ddni wrote:So we have a fix, do we have a cause?

All this disconnecting PSUs and removing RAM, sounds like some sort of voodoo! What exactly is it fixing?
Discharging some stubborn capacitors? Reseating loose parts? Coincidental extended down time allowing something to cool?
you're guess is better than mine :lol: I'm just glad it works ! Maybe someone from Varisys can explain the 1 and 0's
A1-X1000 setup: Corsair GS800 800w PSU, Western Digital 250 GB SATA HDD (model:WD2500YS), 4GB Ram, Radeon HD7950-3GB GDDR5- Dual Slot, Lite-On RW DVD/CD, On-Board Nemo sound,8139B NIC, Catweasel MK4+