DiskImage (solved)

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

DiskImage (solved)

Post by sundown »

Tried to install DiskImage v53.2 on my x1000, if I click on System/DiskImageGUI, I get a blank window & a lockup soon after. DiskImage works fine on my SAM440.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem & fixed it.
Last edited by sundown on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X1000 - Antec Solo case, 4GB DDR2 mem, XFX R9 270 gfx card, Plextor DVD, 2 Samsung 1TB F3 HDD, RTL-8139 network card, Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU
danbeaver

Re: DiskImage

Post by danbeaver »

Well, I used it a few days ago and just now checked it and the version number (53.2) and it is working fine. I hate to ask, since you are a beta tester, have you checked your debug output on your serial port?
Petrol
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Petrol »

Hello,
DiskimageGUI uses AISS for the gadget imagery, maybe it is the reason. Did you install AISS, on your X1000?
Regards,
Xavier.
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by sundown »

Petrol wrote:Hello,
DiskimageGUI uses AISS for the gadget imagery, maybe it is the reason. Did you install AISS, on your X1000?
Regards,
Xavier.
I have AISS v4.12 installed & serial output doesn't tell me much, it does point to classes/gadgets, but FC & the SAM440 compare the same file wise. Other x1000 users say it works fine for them, but as long as it works on the SAM, I'm ok, just hate a mystery I can't solve. :-D

Just booted into the CLI to test with no startup files, still locks the system up, this is on a clean FC install.
X1000 - Antec Solo case, 4GB DDR2 mem, XFX R9 270 gfx card, Plextor DVD, 2 Samsung 1TB F3 HDD, RTL-8139 network card, Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

sundown wrote: I have AISS v4.12 installed
Same here.

I don't see this freeze on my X1000, neither under the FC public nor the beta system.

What filesystem are you using on your system partition? If it is FFS, that might be part of the reason. AISS puts an extreme number of files into one directory, which is something FFS really dislikes. I use SFS on mine (both).

Best regards,

Niels
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by sundown »

nbache wrote:
sundown wrote: I have AISS v4.12 installed
Same here.

I don't see this freeze on my X1000, neither under the FC public nor the beta system.

What filesystem are you using on your system partition? If it is FFS, that might be part of the reason. AISS puts an extreme number of files into one directory, which is something FFS really dislikes. I use SFS on mine (both).

Best regards,

Niels
SFS/00 for my boot partitions.

Another update, installed & booted update 5, DiskImage gave a load error this time, updated AISS & DiskImageGUI opened & worked. Now I just need to find out why it won't on my update 6 partition. :-D
Scriptjester
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Scriptjester »

I've got a freezing problem with DiskImage once : it was when using a specific GUI theme for workbench.
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: DiskImage (solved)

Post by sundown »

Scriptjester wrote:I've got a freezing problem with DiskImage once : it was when using a specific GUI theme for workbench.
The theme wasn't the problem, but a great hint. :-D

Perfs/env-archive/sys/gui.prefs was causing the problem, never figured out what setting, so just deleted it & set GUI prefs up again, DiskImageGUI now starts up & works. :-D
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

sundown wrote:Perfs/env-archive/sys/gui.prefs was causing the problem, never figured out what setting, so just deleted it & set GUI prefs up again, DiskImageGUI now starts up & works. :-D
You don't happen to have a backup of the gui.prefs as it was when you had the problem? It could be useful to find out whether there is a bug in either DiskImageGUI or Intuition etc., or at least which particular setting causes the problem.

Best regards,

Niels
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by sundown »

nbache wrote:
sundown wrote:Perfs/env-archive/sys/gui.prefs was causing the problem, never figured out what setting, so just deleted it & set GUI prefs up again, DiskImageGUI now starts up & works. :-D
You don't happen to have a backup of the gui.prefs as it was when you had the problem? It could be useful to find out whether there is a bug in either DiskImageGUI or Intuition etc., or at least which particular setting causes the problem.

Best regards,

Niels
Didn't think to save the bad file, but I just checked my backup CD, copied the gui.perfs over & DiskImageGUI gives me a blank window, so I do have a copy that fails. I did spend some time trying to find a bad setting, ended up thinking the file itself was just corrupt. I'll send you the file using your email address from the ML.

Edit: email sent