Corrupt image in Printer Prefs Settings Tab

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
xenic

Corrupt image in Printer Prefs Settings Tab

Post by xenic »

The example image displayed like it would be on a page is corrupted on my 16 bit WorkBench screen. The smaller image on the left looks normal. The one on the right which simulates the appearance on a page is white with vertical blue stripes. I never had that corruption on my SAM Flex. I have always used a 16 bit screen for WorkBench and never had that corrupted image on my µA1 or SAM. Did the image change or is this yet another X1000 graphics issue? Can anyone else confirm the problem?
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
ZeroG

Re: Corrupt image in Printer Prefs Settings Tab

Post by ZeroG »

Confirmed.
xenic

Post by xenic »

ZeroG wrote:Confirmed.
Thanks for confirming. At least I know it's not my system; it's a bug that will hopefully be fixed.
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by sundown »

I get a black & white image with the public Printer prefs, but a normal color image with my beta system prefs. I'll keep an eye on it, but looks like its a non issue now, unless another beta tester says different.
X1000 - Antec Solo case, 4GB DDR2 mem, XFX R9 270 gfx card, Plextor DVD, 2 Samsung 1TB F3 HDD, RTL-8139 network card, Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU
Hans
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by Hans »

That looks like the old "can't do misaligned accesses to VRAM on the A1-X1000" problem.
sundown wrote:I get a black & white image with the public Printer prefs, but a normal color image with my beta system prefs. I'll keep an eye on it, but looks like its a non issue now, unless another beta tester says different.
Good to hear.

Hans
http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more. Home of the RadeonHD driver for Amiga OS 4.x project.
danbeaver

Post by danbeaver »

To see the problem, I had to switch to a 16-bit WorkBench and not all printers defined have this issue; I see it with the HP LaserJet, but not the HP Photo smart, nor the File. PostScript shows now image at all as does Generic. Could it be a printer definition problem and not the printer preferences program?
xenic

Post by xenic »

danbeaver wrote:To see the problem, I had to switch to a 16-bit WorkBench and not all printers defined have this issue; I see it with the HP LaserJet, but not the HP Photo smart, nor the File. PostScript shows now image at all as does Generic. Could it be a printer definition problem and not the printer preferences program?
After examining the problem again, I've discovered that the bad image depends on the shade and scaling settings. Possibly your Laserjet and Photosmart settings are different for shade & scaling.

If the "Shade" is set to black and white or one of the greyscale settings, the image is corrupt regardless of the "Scaling" settings. The image corruption is simply different for the Fraction and Integer "Scaling".

if the "Shade" is set to Color then the image is correct if "Scaling" is Integer. If the "Shade" is set to Color and the "Scaling" is set to Fraction then the image has a wide vertical line down the center.