Stopped Dual Display... now no X1000 Splash Screen on X1000

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
amigasociety

Stopped Dual Display... now no X1000 Splash Screen on X1000

Post by amigasociety »

So in my other thread I decided to not pursue continued use of dual display on my X1000. Going back to single 27" display for now.

So now my issue is booting from the new R9 270 Card works (I left my 4650 installed by the way for now) but no X1000 CFE and Splash screens at boot. Just one minute later my Workbench appears.

I believe the CFE and Splash Screens are for some reason being sent to the not plugged in anymore 2nd 27" display through the 4650 card. Reason I believe this is the case is because if I unplug the cable from the main 27" display and connect to the 4650, I get the CFE and Splash screens but then the screen goes black and I believe at that point it is trying to send workbench to the R9 270 card. ;-)

So, how can I and what do I adjust so the CFE and Splash screens appear on the R9 270? It does boot to it finally but I really want CFE to appear so I can boot from CD, etc.... Maybe I have some screen prefs wrongly set? Must admit I am no Amiga guru but <grin> so maybe I have some wrong setting now that I have to change back since dual display was causing me issues.

Kind of all goes back to my oddity where when dual display was working, my CFE and Splash appeared on the display on 4650 card but then after 1 minute that 2nd screen goes black and workbench would appear on display #1.

Maybe that is why I was having display issues?

At a minimum would love to just boot from new R9 270 card 100% for all screens but if we get this figured out, I may try once again trying 2 displays as maybe some setting was off making booting not right for dual displays but close enough where it kinda worked for me but.... ;-)

I have temporarily got back to booting 100% all screens on my 4650 so see CFE and workbench and all that. Just can't seem to do that with new R9 270 instead.

Thanks

TJ
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
danbeaver

Re: Stopped Dual Display... now no X1000 Splash Screen on X1

Post by danbeaver »

Remove the unused card.
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by sundown »

TJ has the 4650 in GFX slot #1 & the r9 270 in the second GFX slot. My guess is the system uses the card in slot #1 on initial bootup. Anyone know if the GFX slots dictate output priority on booting?

Ken
X1000 - Antec Solo case, 4GB DDR2 mem, XFX R9 270 gfx card, Plextor DVD, 2 Samsung 1TB F3 HDD, RTL-8139 network card, Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU
daz
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by daz »

sundown wrote:TJ has the 4650 in GFX slot #1 & the r9 270 in the second GFX slot. My guess is the system uses the card in slot #1 on initial bootup. Anyone know if the GFX slots dictate output priority on booting?

Ken
When you put a card in slot 3, the second graphics card slot, that card gets detected on bus 1, with the main card being detected moved to bus 3.

I would suggest swapping the cards over and see if that fixes the boot displays.

Regards
Darren
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by sundown »

daz wrote:
sundown wrote:TJ has the 4650 in GFX slot #1 & the r9 270 in the second GFX slot. My guess is the system uses the card in slot #1 on initial bootup. Anyone know if the GFX slots dictate output priority on booting?

Ken
When you put a card in slot 3, the second graphics card slot, that card gets detected on bus 1, with the main card being detected moved to bus 3.

I would suggest swapping the cards over and see if that fixes the boot displays.

Regards
Darren
Swapping the cards did fix it for him, so CFE outputs video to slot #1 on bootup.

Ken
X1000 - Antec Solo case, 4GB DDR2 mem, XFX R9 270 gfx card, Plextor DVD, 2 Samsung 1TB F3 HDD, RTL-8139 network card, Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU