JTAG debugger?

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
billt

JTAG debugger?

Post by billt »

Hi All,

I was going to post this under AmigaOne x1000 forum, but do not have a New Topic button there for some reason. But it's a development question so may be OK here too.

I'm looking to buy a bdi3000 JTAG debugger while I still can, with pa6t support. Has anyone used one of these? Any comments about config files and such things, or alternative JTAG connections for poking around in hardware registers? I'd like to have support for other CPU types as well, and so this will not be only for pa6t/x1000 usage, but this is the only JTAG I have found that mentions pa6t support at all.
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: JTAG debugger?

Post by tonyw »

The kernel developer Thomas Frieden has or has access to a JTAG debugger. AFAIK no other developer has one. They are not needed at the OS4 development level, we have higher-level debugging tools.

Apart from Thomas, I think they are only used by the hardware developers (VariSys). Perhaps they could help you - write to Matthew Leaman, he should be able to help you contact them.
cheers
tony
billt

Re: JTAG debugger?

Post by billt »

tonyw wrote:The kernel developer Thomas Frieden has or has access to a JTAG debugger. AFAIK no other developer has one. They are not needed at the OS4 development level, we have higher-level debugging tools.

Apart from Thomas, I think they are only used by the hardware developers (VariSys). Perhaps they could help you - write to Matthew Leaman, he should be able to help you contact them.

Thanks Tony! I'm interested in very low-level coding, such as embedded systems or firmware things, and for early board bringup and testing, and have taken a few courses about that for MS degree. So while not something many people have, it is relevant to the sorts of things I'm interested in doing. I will see if Matthew or Thomas have any additional comments.