Roadshow 1.12

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
papaoskar

Roadshow 1.12

Post by papaoskar »

I read about a new Roadshow Version 1.12 in Amiga News.
Question, Whether we get a new Roadshow for X1000?
I am asking, because I encountered several Problems when downloading larger files as Attachments to mails receiving with YAM 2.10 dev.
Yam got in an endless circle and could only be stopped by a total hard reset. Same occoured with YAM 2.9p1, but not so often.
Therefore I believe that the tcp stack is the culprit, not YAM.
Any comments?
xenic

Re: Roadshow 1.12

Post by xenic »

papaoskar wrote:I read about a new Roadshow Version 1.12 in Amiga News.
Question, Whether we get a new Roadshow for X1000?
I am asking, because I encountered several Problems when downloading larger files as Attachments to mails receiving with YAM 2.10 dev.
Yam got in an endless circle and could only be stopped by a total hard reset. Same occoured with YAM 2.9p1, but not so often.
Therefore I believe that the tcp stack is the culprit, not YAM.
Any comments?
What's the size of the "larger files" that cause problems. I'm still using YAM 2.7 and can test sending myself a file if know how large the problem files are. What settings do you have in YAM Configuration/New mail/Size limit & "Download large messages" ?? There is also a possibility that your mail server can't handle large emails.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
papaoskar

Post by papaoskar »

xenic wrote:
papaoskar wrote:I read about a new Roadshow Version 1.12 in Amiga News.
What's the size of the "larger files" that cause problems. I'm still using YAM 2.7 and can test sending myself a file if know how large the problem files are. What settings do you have in YAM Configuration/New mail/Size limit & "Download large messages" ?? There is also a possibility that your mail server can't handle large emails.
It seems to me that the file size in larger than about 2-3 MBit. I can't say because it always ends with a hard reset. The size is a guess by me based on time of observing the transmission .
On the other hand I can receive pictures over 3 MB size.
Cheers
xenic

Post by xenic »

papaoskar wrote: It seems to me that the file size in larger than about 2-3 MBit. I can't say because it always ends with a hard reset. The size is a guess by me based on time of observing the transmission .
On the other hand I can receive pictures over 3 MB size.
Cheers
I just attached a 15MB raw camera file (resulting in a 20MB email) to an email and sent it to my alternate email address. It sent and received fine (slow on send). I doubt if RoadShow is your problem.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
salass00
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by salass00 »

If you need to be sending files that are in the size class of megabytes you should consider using another method than e-mail attachments as they were not designed for files this size.
papaoskar

Post by papaoskar »

salass00 wrote:If you need to be sending files that are in the size class of megabytes you should consider using another method than e-mail attachments as they were not designed for files this size.
Well understood. The basic background question was do I need an update for roadshow. I still use the one delivered with "OS 4.1 Final" ?
It was one of first X1000 and it could be that there is an update necessary.
I can receive those big mails with YAM2.9p1 without Problems. It could be that the interaction of YAM2.10 dev with roadshow makes a problems. Who knows?
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

There has been only one version of Roadshow for many years, the same version is used on all Amigas. There is nothing unusual about the X-1000 version.

There is an updated version of Roadshow that has just been released a few days ago, but it should behave exactly like the old version. There may be a few new bugs to be ironed out, but it is not likely to change the behaviour of YAM on your X-1000.

If you have problems with your YAM installation, it is more likely to be caused by your setup than by any of the software supplied with Final Edition.
cheers
tony