Welcome First Contact customers

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
328gts

Re: Welcome First Contact customers

Post by 328gts »

@ amigasociety

hi and welcome aboard TJ :D ..saw your video and that nasty dent on the side of your new X1000 and I hope that Amigakit and/or the shipping company can get that sorted out for you soon
A1-X1000 setup: Corsair GS800 800w PSU, Western Digital 250 GB SATA HDD (model:WD2500YS), 4GB Ram, Radeon HD7950-3GB GDDR5- Dual Slot, Lite-On RW DVD/CD, On-Board Nemo sound,8139B NIC, Catweasel MK4+
davebraco
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by davebraco »

Welcome to the club TJ, I wish you good times with your X1000!
µA1 256mo SATA -> lend to a dev
A1200PPC 256Mo MediatorTX Radeon9250 SATA RTL8029 SOLO-1
Sam440ep 533mhz 512mo 64Go SSD
Sam460ex 1150mhz 2Go RadeonHD 6570LP ENVY24HT
AmigaOne X1000 4Go SSD R9 270X Catweasel MK4
AmigaOne X5000 -> work in progress
Sam

Post by Sam »

Glad to be here at last!

I have quite a few questions so bare with me. At some point I want to write a review with a gude helping old time Amiga users like myself that have been away for a long time (17 years for me!) get back into it.

As I said to Trevor - using the Amiga again after so long on Windows and Mac - I am treading a fine line between frustration and delight and I want to put together a simple guide that will help new users avoid the frustration traps.

Anyway - this place is just for hellos so... Hello! :D
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ChrisH »

Sam wrote:At some point I want to write a review with a gude helping old time Amiga users like myself that have been away for a long time (17 years for me!) get back into it. ... I want to put together a simple guide that will help new users avoid the frustration traps.
Someone has already attempted to do this for AmigaOS4 in general:
http://os4depot.net/index.php?function= ... ya2011.pdf

If you think they could make improvements to it, then no doubt they would welcome suggestions (or perhaps even more hands-on help). Perhaps they could add an X1000-specific section, although I'm not sure whether there really needs to be one?
Sam

Post by Sam »

ChrisH wrote: Someone has already attempted to do this for AmigaOS4 in general:
http://os4depot.net/index.php?function= ... ya2011.pdf
Thanks for the link Chris - very useful! :)
xray
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by xray »

@all new FC
Welcome, willkommen, bienvenue to our colleague...have fun with your X1000!

@ChrisH
Excellent, thank you:-)
Resp.techn.
RELEC Software&Hardware AMIGA
Payerne-Suisse
Christopher Follett
AmigaKit
AmigaKit

Post by Christopher Follett »

JurassicC wrote:Hi-De-Hi Campers :)
Hi-De-Ho, :).
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
http://www.ultimateamiga.co.uk (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

http://www.amigakit.com - the Amiga store

New Products
Calgor
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Calgor »

@ TJ, Sam and all other new First Contacts

Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay!

May your stay here be very enjoyable. We are all here to help you along your voyage.

@ TJ

I am not sure if there are peanuts or little bottles of liquor, but one particular beta tester is known for enjoying a big bottle of rum! :)
Amiga 4000T: CSPPC 604e@233/060@50 146MB RAM/CVPPC/Mediator/Radeon 256MB/Realtek 8029AS/TerraTec Solo1-N/Picasso IV (Paloma Pablo Concierto)/Deneb/ZorRAM 256MB/Indivision AGA MKII/OS4.xBETA/OS4.1u4/OS3.9BB2
AmigaONE X1000: Nemo 2.1 PA6T-1682M@1.8 2GB RAM/Radeon HD 4770 512MB/Catweasel MK4+/Audigy 2 ZS/Realtek 8139D/OS4.xBETA/OS4.1u5
amigasociety

Post by amigasociety »

Calgor wrote:@ TJ, Sam and all other new First Contacts

Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay!

May your stay here be very enjoyable. We are all here to help you along your voyage.

@ TJ

I am not sure if there are peanuts or little bottles of liquor, but one particular beta tester is known for enjoying a big bottle of rum! :)
Rum will work. 8-)

tj
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
AmigaDave

Post by AmigaDave »

Just registered my OS4.1.5 product from the email I received with the serial number for it from Steve Solie. I am still waiting for my X1000 to show up, due to a mix up with the Custom's Clearance on FedEX part. They sent my X1000 from the UK to their main FedEX hub in Tennessee, then to a distribution hub in Southern California. Some one must have noticed that the package did not have the correct Custom's Clearance as it was being put onto the truck to be delivered to my house, so the driver, or someone else at the Southern California facility stopped it and sent it back to Tennessee, so it could be properly processed through the Custom's Clearance.

Since the package was valued at more than $2,000.00 U.S. Dollars, they told me over the phone that I had to fill out an "Importer's Form" and send it back to FedEX, who would forward it on to the Custom's Department. I am now waiting for that process to be completed (and hoping that I don't have to pay more fees, or any Import Tax), and wondering why the other California X1000 buyer did not have to go through any of this process. Hopefully I will know tomorrow and will see in the online tracking information that it is on it's way back to California, so I can have it delivered to my home on Friday. None of this appears to be a fault of AmigaKit (in fact, it was Matthew Leaman, who called me while he was on vacation, that notified me that there was any kind of problem with FedEX). The fault appears to be completely that of FedEX, or possibly that of the Custom's Clearance process.

I hope no other buyers from the USA have this same problem, but I am confident that it will all be worked out very soon and I will be opening my own AmigaKit X1000 box very soon.

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

More to follow:
Proud owner of 10+ Commodore Amiga 680x0 computers
First Contact AmigaOne X1000 Dual Core 1.8GHz PA6T w/OS4.1FE
Dual 2.7GHz G5 PowerMac w/MorphOS3.7
1.5GHz G4 PMac MDD w/MorphOS3.7
1.5GHz G4 MacMini w/MorphOS3.7
17" 1.67GHz G4 PBooks w/MorphOS3.7
Efika 5200b w/MorphOS3.7
FPGA Arcade Replay w/AmigaOS3.x