Monitor resolutions

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
Sam

Monitor resolutions

Post by Sam »

My monitor supports 1680x1050 - how do I add this screen mode and get it working?

Sorry for the noob questions.
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Monitor resolutions

Post by ChrisH »

You need to use the "Sys:Prefs/ScreenMode" program. (Note that "Sys:" refers to your AmigaOS4 partition.)

If you go to the Monitors tab, then you have two choices:
1. Simply tick the "Detect settings automatically" box. In theory this will work, but there appear to be a few monitors where this can fail (in which case you may need a lot of help getting your machine usable again).
2. Alternatively you can use "Manual settings". Tick the required screenmode if it is there, otherwise click on the Add button.

Once you are done, click on the Save Monitor button, wait a few seconds, and then reboot. BUT BEFORE YOU CLICK SAVE, I strongly suggest making a backup copy of your "Sys:Devs/Monitor" folder, in case you make a mistake or in case "Detect settings automatically" doesn't work.
Last edited by ChrisH on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology

Post by trevordick »

ChrisH wrote:BUT BEFORE YOU DO THIS, I strongly suggest making a backup copy of your "Sys:Devs/Monitor" folder, in case you make a mistake or in case "Detect settings automatically" doesn't work.
Good advice. Definitely make a backup of the monitor prefs.

Trevor
I'm just Breezin'
A3000T
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by A3000T »

Go to the Prefs drawer on your boot partition and doubleclick "ScreenMode". You can change the available screenmodes on the Monitor tab. I recomend selecting "Detect settings automatically" and "All supported modes".

If this does not work for some reason, you can deselect "Detect settings automatically", then use the "Add" button to manually add screenmodes to the list.

Don't forget to save your changes. The new settings will take effect after a reboot.

Kind regards,

Dennis
Attachments
SMPrefs.jpg
SMPrefs.jpg (96.03 KiB) Viewed 6906 times
Sam

Post by Sam »

Thanks guys!

The auto detect worked - I just didn't realise I had to do a reboot! Windows has made me lazy. ;)

Decent res now, decent browser, TuneNet playing things from AmigaRemix - things are looking up! :D