Two desktop experience questions. Dock & Running Apps.

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
amigasociety

Two desktop experience questions. Dock & Running Apps.

Post by amigasociety »

I have a stock 4.1u5 install on my X1000 right now. Installing all sorts of goodies on mine.

Using TuneNet now listening to streaming radio is nice while I use OWB-MUI to write this question.

I want a 2nd dock. Does this AMiDock allow me to have two docks, say the stock on bottom right side that goes horizontal and add one more vertical top right side downwards? How can I do this? Not seeing in AMiDock settings where I can ask for 2nd dock.

Other thing I have seen is a cool desktop thing that shows running apps down on bottom middle of screen so you can easily toggle between running apps.

What is that app name?

Thanks

tj
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
djrikki

Re: Two desktop experience questions. Dock & Running Apps.

Post by djrikki »

Hi hi,

Look up WinBar on OS4Depot and check out Access in the Dockies drawer in Utilities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXomhcKjA1I - Winbar demo on YouTube

Creating a second panel of icons with AmiDock is easy, I have one horizontal one along the bottom and a second bar along the right-hand side of my screen. To get started simply open up Amidock preferences and in the left-hand listview click Add to add a new panel - should see an empty window appear on screen - now move to the right-hand list view and start adding 'Objects'. Play around with the various options for each panel until you have it just so.
BillEaves
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Two desktop experience questions. Dock & Running Apps.

Post by BillEaves »

amigasociety wrote: I want a 2nd dock. Does this AMiDock allow me to have two docks, say the stock on bottom right side that goes horizontal and add one more vertical top right side downwards? How can I do this? Not seeing in AMiDock settings where I can ask for 2nd dock.

tj

You can have many multiple docks in Amidock, I have 7, and each one of those can have subdocks that you can flip between which can save a bit of screen space. Though the only one I have using a SubDock is my Main dock.

See the attached screen grab of where these are added.

Two tips.

1. Disable the Autosave Preferences box, or AmiDock will write to Workbench every time you drag something on one of the docks.

2. Create a new dock, and place it where you want, I called mine "Apps". Do not add anything to it at all, but where it says "Place AppDockies in" from "Main" to "Apps". Thge any programmes which add an appicon to the Dock will add it here and keep them separate from the permanent dock icons you use.

Play around with the AmiDock Prefs and set it up the way YOU want it, you will learn far more that way than using any 3rd party applications to do it for you.