X1000 success with CruxPPC and MintPPC Linux Distros

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.

Re: X1000 success with CruxPPC and MintPPC Linux Distros

Postby trevordick » Fri May 18, 2012 12:40 pm

The pre-release version 2.0 Installation guide has just been uploaded to the X1000 beta test forum for checking. As soon as it has been reviewed, it will me made available to registered "First Contact" owners via the Hyperion website as before, along with a new kernel for Ubuntu 12.04 courtesy of Pat wall.

Trevor
I'm just Breezin'
User avatar
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology
 
Posts: 1378
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:28 pm

Re: X1000 success with CruxPPC and MintPPC Linux Distros

Postby musa » Fri May 18, 2012 7:54 pm

Hello
can someone tell me where I find the Varysis Linux patches?
Thank in advance
Peter
AmigaX1000
Follow me on twitter @basjoo_dk
User avatar
musa
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: X1000 success with CruxPPC and MintPPC Linux Distros

Postby trevordick » Fri May 18, 2012 11:51 pm

musa wrote:Hello
can someone tell me where I find the Varysis Linux patches?
Thank in advance
Peter

They are availabe in one file from Darren's website:

Linux patches: http://www.stevens31.karoo.net/nemo_patch.zip

Trevor
I'm just Breezin'
User avatar
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology
 
Posts: 1378
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:28 pm

Re: X1000 success with CruxPPC and MintPPC Linux Distros

Postby musa » Sat May 19, 2012 8:05 am

trevordick wrote:
They are availabe in one file from Darren's website:

Linux patches: http://www.stevens31.karoo.net/nemo_patch.zip

Trevor

Hello
Thank you Trevor but I thought there were a number of files because the Debian installation manuals are written
3. From here, patch the source to make it A1-X1000 compatible. This only needs to be done once.
There are 10 patches to apply, starting with the first one.

In this one there is only 1 patch file, but I can understand that it is the one I need.
Again thanks for your help
AmigaX1000
Follow me on twitter @basjoo_dk
User avatar
musa
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: X1000 success with CruxPPC and MintPPC Linux Distros

Postby daz » Sat May 19, 2012 9:43 am

musa wrote:
trevordick wrote:
They are availabe in one file from Darren's website:

Linux patches: http://www.stevens31.karoo.net/nemo_patch.zip

Trevor

Hello
Thank you Trevor but I thought there were a number of files because the Debian installation manuals are written
3. From here, patch the source to make it A1-X1000 compatible. This only needs to be done once.
There are 10 patches to apply, starting with the first one.

In this one there is only 1 patch file, but I can understand that it is the one I need.
Again thanks for your help


The patches provided by Varisys are for the 2.6.38 version of Linux, and were provided as 10 separate patches. The current kernel is based on 2.6.39.4 which needs some additional patching to the interrupt code. As a result I produced a single patch with all the changes needed.

Regards
Darren
daz
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Re: X1000 success with CruxPPC and MintPPC Linux Distros

Postby trevordick » Sat May 19, 2012 3:07 pm

As Darren said above all the patches are combined. This is detailed in version 2.0 of the installation guide which will be uploaded in the next couple of days.

Trevor
I'm just Breezin'
User avatar
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology
 
Posts: 1378
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:28 pm

Re: X1000 success with CruxPPC and MintPPC Linux Distros

Postby musa » Sat May 19, 2012 3:50 pm

trevordick wrote:As Darren said above all the patches are combined. This is detailed in version 2.0 of the installation guide which will be uploaded in the next couple of days.

Trevor

Hello
Ok I understand. I have compilet my first kernel and is just almost almost finished installing Ubuntu.
Thanks for your help
AmigaX1000
Follow me on twitter @basjoo_dk
User avatar
musa
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: X1000 success with CruxPPC and MintPPC Linux Distros

Postby musa » Sat May 19, 2012 4:21 pm

Ubuntu is up and running on my X1000. :)

ubuntu_X1000.jpg
(22.28 KiB) Downloaded 2936 times
AmigaX1000
Follow me on twitter @basjoo_dk
User avatar
musa
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: X1000 success with CruxPPC and MintPPC Linux Distros

Postby trevordick » Sat May 19, 2012 11:10 pm

musa wrote:Ubuntu is up and running on my X1000. :)

ubuntu_X1000.jpg

Good news. :-)

I noticed that after installing Ubuntu 12.04 that neither the onboard sound or my pci sound card are shown in sound preferences (only a dummy sound output). Looking through the various Ubuntu forums this seems to be a fairly common problem with the 12.04 install. Are the sound devices recognised with your kernel/installation?

Trevor
Note: both my onboard and pci audio card work fine in MintPPC 11
I'm just Breezin'
User avatar
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology
 
Posts: 1378
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:28 pm

Re: X1000 success with CruxPPC and MintPPC Linux Distros

Postby PatW » Sat May 19, 2012 11:43 pm

trevordick wrote:
musa wrote:Ubuntu is up and running on my X1000. :)

ubuntu_X1000.jpg

Good news. :-)

I noticed that after installing Ubuntu 12.04 that neither the onboard sound or my pci sound card are shown in sound preferences (only a dummy sound output). Looking through the various Ubuntu forums this seems to be a fairly common problem with the 12.04 install. Are the sound devices recognised with your kernel/installation?

Trevor
Note: both my onboard and pci audio card work fine in MintPPC 11


Hi All

It seems that the user created during the installation is not part of the audio group by default.

If you type
Code: Select all
sudo usermod -a -G audio username
replacing username with your own.

Then type
Code: Select all
groups
and check that audio is there.

Now reboot and check that the audio devices are present and unmute if necessary.

Peter, great news on the installation :D


Pat
YDL PowerStation / AmigaOne X1000 / IBM Intellistation POWER 285 / SAM 440EP / PS3 Debian
EFIKA Open Client / Mac Mini G4 / Amiga A1200 / Powerbook G4 15" / PowerMac G5 / Xserve G5
User avatar
PatW
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:41 pm
Location: Ireland

PreviousNext

Return to Platform: AmigaOne X1000 - Linux Only

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests