Ubuntu Live Remix - screen goes black after awhile

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
BCPedigo

Ubuntu Live Remix - screen goes black after awhile

Post by BCPedigo »

I've been having an issue with the Ubuntu Live Remix (with origional kernel). After using it for awhile, usually with Foxfire, the screen will suddenly go black. It seems to happen mainly when viewing photos on a site such as Flickr. It seems to happen due to active use, if I leave the computer running idelley overnight its fine until I start using it as described above. When this happens, the only thing I can do is reboot. I've turned off "suspend" & "turn monitor off function" in System Settings, which does'nt help. Because it is more likely to happen when viewing large jpeg files rather than when reading forums for instance it seems like it is an issue of running out of graphics memory. Is there a fix for this? or any key presses that would bring the system back to life as opposed to turning the computer off & rebooting ?

My X1000 has a Radeon HD 6570 graphics card & 4 gigs. of system memory.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
AmigaOne XE-g3 Early Bird
AmigaOne X1000 FC
amigasociety

Re: Ubuntu Live Remix - screen goes black after awhile

Post by amigasociety »

Turn off computer sleep in settings. I left display sleep on but stopped having computer shutdown. I had same issue as you and found it was the system going to sleep of some-kind. I only need screen sleep so was fine turning that off for the computer sleep and now all is well. TJ
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor