Can not create partition in Ubuntu Remix

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
JohnFante
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Can not create partition in Ubuntu Remix

Post by JohnFante »

I have one big 1TB HD where I both have 4.1 and my different amiga partitions installed and so far also Ubuntu Remix 12.04, Debian (latest unstable), OpenSuse and a NTFS partition to swap data.

I have some space left (70 GB) in the end of my drive where I would like to installe Lubuntu. However I can not get gparted to create more partitions. I get an undefined error.

My partitiontable is as follows:

sda1-8 are my 4.1 partitions
sda9 is root on Ubuntu
sda10 is a linux swap
sda11 is Ubuntu home
sda12 is Debian root
sda13 is Debain home (mounted in Ubuntu)
sda14 is OpenSuse root
sda15 is OpenSuse home
sda16 is a NTFS partitions for exchanging data

I have a feeling that I need to create some kind of an extended partition or something but I am not sure and CFE is not your standard kind of BIOS :-)
X5000 :-)
daz
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Can not create partition in Ubuntu Remix

Post by daz »

JohnFante wrote:I have one big 1TB HD where I both have 4.1 and my different amiga partitions installed and so far also Ubuntu Remix 12.04, Debian (latest unstable), OpenSuse and a NTFS partition to swap data.

I have some space left (70 GB) in the end of my drive where I would like to installe Lubuntu. However I can not get gparted to create more partitions. I get an undefined error.
I've run into a similar problem at times, there seems to be an obscure bug in GParted on PPC that means it can't always create partitions. Try again, but with a slightly (a few MB) smaller partition and see if that works.

Regards
Darren