[DEALT WITH] testing jumped from jessie to stretch _ :^(

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
ggw

[DEALT WITH] testing jumped from jessie to stretch _ :^(

Post by ggw »

Question: Can I deinstall xorg, change sources.list's"testing" back to "stable", and reinstall without causing /more/ trouble?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
After a very long time I did "aptitude update", then "aptitude upgrade" My reboot failed to return in a normal way and I found that sources.list just said "testing" not "jessie".

Before copying all my personal files off, reinstalling, and putting all my personal files back on, I thought I would ask.

I've been playing with the console version for 3 days now, and since my needs are sooooo minimal I have not noticed anything other than the graphics that are out-of-place.
Last edited by ggw on Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
George Wyche
aperezbios

Re: testing jumped from jessie to stretch _ :^(

Post by aperezbios »

ggw wrote:Question: Can I deinstall xorg, change sources.list's"testing" back to "stable", and reinstall without causing /more/ trouble?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
After a very long time I did "aptitude update", then "aptitude upgrade" My reboot failed to return in a normal way and I found that sources.list just said "testing" not "jessie".
I would personally not recommend it. It falls into one of those "you can, but if you have to ask if you can, you should probably avoid it if at all possible" types of scenarios.

Then again, if you like living dangerously, back your personal files up (I personally recommend keeping a separate, large /home partition, as this makes safe re-installs practical, without the need to transfer data off the drive), and then try it, because worst case, you have to reinstall anyways :)