Kernel 3.18 Tinkering

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.

Re: Kernel 3.18 Tinkering

Postby mechanic » Sun May 01, 2016 4:30 pm

xeno74 wrote:
mechanic wrote:3.18.32

Sharing please. :-)


Sure, what would you like. :?:
A-Eon A1X1000
User avatar
mechanic
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:22 pm

Re: Kernel 3.18 Tinkering

Postby xeno74 » Sun May 01, 2016 6:40 pm

mechanic wrote:
xeno74 wrote:
mechanic wrote:3.18.32

Sharing please. :-)


Sure, what would you like. :?:


Your new kernel, please. :-)
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 3168
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Kernel 3.18 Tinkering

Postby mechanic » Sun May 01, 2016 7:46 pm

I don't have a place to upload to. The site I use for pictures is limited to 10MB.

Suggestions?
A-Eon A1X1000
User avatar
mechanic
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:22 pm

Re: Kernel 3.18 Tinkering

Postby xeno74 » Sun May 01, 2016 7:57 pm

mechanic wrote:I don't have a place to upload to. The site I use for pictures is limited to 10MB.

Suggestions?


file-upload.net

filedropper.com

megafileupload.com

After that I can upload it to my web space if you like.
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 3168
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Kernel 3.18 Tinkering

Postby mechanic » Sun May 01, 2016 8:42 pm

xeno74 wrote:
mechanic wrote:I don't have a place to upload to. The site I use for pictures is limited to 10MB.

Suggestions?


file-upload.net

filedropper.com

megafileupload.com

After that I can upload it to my web space if you like.


I'll try those if wikisend does not work. Hang on for a few minutes.
A-Eon A1X1000
User avatar
mechanic
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:22 pm

Re: Kernel 3.18 Tinkering

Postby mechanic » Sun May 01, 2016 8:48 pm

A-Eon A1X1000
User avatar
mechanic
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:22 pm

Re: Kernel 3.18 Tinkering

Postby xeno74 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:36 pm



Many thanks! I have recently uploaded it to my web space. :-)

Download: vmlinux-3.18.32-r1-AmigaONE_X1000.tar.gz

READme wrote:Standard 3.18.32 source code from kernel.org

The Makefile replaces /firmware/Makefile in the source. Just rename the original to 32Makefile before copying.

Rename 32.config to just .config

You will notice in the .config file only the HD6850, BARTS, radeon card is selected.

gcc 4.6/4.7 was used to build the kernel vmlinux-3.18.32-r1.
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 3168
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Kernel 3.18 Tinkering

Postby mechanic » Sun May 01, 2016 9:41 pm

Cool.

For anybody thinking of using it just remember it is a custom BARTS kernel only.
A-Eon A1X1000
User avatar
mechanic
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:22 pm

Re: Kernel 3.18 Tinkering

Postby mechanic » Mon May 02, 2016 4:28 pm

OOPs!

I forgot the modules and the patch file when uploading 3.18.32

I have included them in a tar ball and tried again. Please set things right on your page. Be sure to check the archive to see if I forgot anything else.

Thanks in advance.

http://wikisend.com/download/734388/31832.tar.gz

Len
A-Eon A1X1000
User avatar
mechanic
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:22 pm

Re: Kernel 3.18 Tinkering

Postby xeno74 » Mon May 02, 2016 7:18 pm

mechanic wrote:OOPs!

I forgot the modules and the patch file when uploading 3.18.32

I have included them in a tar ball and tried again. Please set things right on your page. Be sure to check the archive to see if I forgot anything else.

Thanks in advance.

http://wikisend.com/download/734388/31832.tar.gz

Len


Never mind. :-) Here you are: vmlinux-3.18.32-r1-2-AmigaONE_X1000.tar.gz
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 3168
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

PreviousNext

Return to Platform: AmigaOne X1000 - Linux Only

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron