"Sorry, ... internal error"

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
kilaueabart

"Sorry, ... internal error"

Post by kilaueabart »

I'm happy to say that I redid my flash drive with Ubuntu-Mate_16.04-X1000-NI.img today, and was able to boot it with slightly limited success. I would have posted this from there, except I couldn't remember my Hyperion password. And when I quit the browser and was about to click the shutdown button up in the corner, I lost the cursor and had to use the reset button.

It looks mostly the same as the 16.04 I installed on my hard drive on 22 Feb, except GParted comes with it while on the other hand I could not find a line editor. I would hate to have to use it all the time, realizing how old I am getting while it finds stuff on the thumb drive, but I will play with it from time to time, and it's nice to have against the next time my hard drive crashes on me.

When it first came up I got a few "problem" alerts, mostly on this order:
Sorry, Ubuntu 16.04 has experienced an internal error.
If you notice further problems, try restarting the computer.
[x] Send an error report ...
[ ] Ignore future problems of this type
[Show Data]
Clicking on the "Show Data" button eventually brings up quite a list, which included the following the first time (but the second time was different):
Executable Path
/usr/bin/blueman-applet
Problem Type
Crash
I have been getting these alerts not only with the thumbdrive install, but also with the February hard drive install, AND with my old Ubuntu LTS 12.04. Booting 12.04 also brings up the message, twice, that the hard drive is either missing or not ready, and I may S, skip it, M, do it manually, or just wait. Wait only amounts to a couple seconds each time, so I don't worry about getting old. But it didn't use to do this, and I wonder if something recognizable to the cogniscenti is going wrong?

Mostly I just close the alert window. I have clicked "Report" a couple of times, not confident that it would do any good. Sometimes I then get a query about what kind of Windows I'm running, or something like that.
xeno74

Re: "Sorry, ... internal error"

Post by xeno74 »

kilaueabart wrote:I'm happy to say that I redid my flash drive with Ubuntu-Mate_16.04-X1000-NI.img today, and was able to boot it with slightly limited success. I would have posted this from there, except I couldn't remember my Hyperion password. And when I quit the browser and was about to click the shutdown button up in the corner, I lost the cursor and had to use the reset button.
Could you copy the NI img to another USB flash drive, please? Maybe your USB flash drive has a problem.
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.