16 GB CF Card Compatibility - Lexar Pro

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
jdupuis

16 GB CF Card Compatibility - Lexar Pro

Post by jdupuis »

Hi,

I wanted to share this.
I am using the Lexar Professional 800x 16GB UDMA7 Compact Flash card in my AmigaOne X1000. Under Ubuntu Linux Gparted; this card requires MBR Partition Table and the full 16GB formatted as 1 MS-DOS (FAT32) partition in order to work correctly. I am successfully using it for downloading/unpacking/booting Kernels and I am able to save files on it. As long as it remains this way, it can also be utilized as an MS-DOS storage device in AOS as well. Just do not use Media Toolbox and "Install". Basically a non-removable FAT32 media device. I hope this is good news for those who have had issues with CF Cards 16GB or greater and wondered how to utilize their full potential.

Side note: I did not "Label" the CF Card in Gparted but sticking to MS-DOS rule, I was able to Rename it under AOS using all CAPS and min. characters. ;)

Cheers!

John
C= A500 2 megs RAM with A590 w/40 MB SCSI HD and Workbench 1.3
C= A3000 25 MHz with Workbench 3.1
AmigaOne X1000 4 GB RAM, XFX Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 GPU and AmigaOS 4.1 FE/Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS/Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS
Sam460ex 2GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM, XFX Radeon HD 5450 2GB GDDR3 GPU, 3114 SATA Raid, ENVY24HT sound card and AmigaOS 4.1 FE
xeno74

Re: 16 GB CF Card Compatibility - Lexar Pro

Post by xeno74 »

jdupuis wrote:Hi,

I wanted to share this.
I am using the Lexar Professional 800x 16GB UDMA7 Compact Flash card in my AmigaOne X1000. Under Ubuntu Linux Gparted; this card requires MBR Partition Table and the full 16GB formatted as 1 MS-DOS (FAT32) partition in order to work correctly. I am successfully using it for downloading/unpacking/booting Kernels and I am able to save files on it. As long as it remains this way, it can also be utilized as an MS-DOS storage device in AOS as well. Just do not use Media Toolbox and "Install". Basically a non-removable FAT32 media device. I hope this is good news for those who have had issues with CF Cards 16GB or greater and wondered how to utilize their full potential.

Side note: I did not "Label" the CF Card in Gparted but sticking to MS-DOS rule, I was able to Rename it under AOS using all CAPS and min. characters. ;)

Cheers!

John
Fantastic news! Many thanks for your explanation! :-)
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.