Mate System Error Switching Kernels [Solved]

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.

Mate System Error Switching Kernels [Solved]

Postby jdupuis » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:26 pm

Hi Christian,

Kind of odd. After testing 4.6 rc5 then shutdown. Upon boot up with Kernel 4.1.20 I get a window after Desktop loads that says System Error and requests to send error report. How do I rectify this?
Not an issue with Ubuntu 12.04.05.

Thanks,

John
Last edited by jdupuis on Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
C= A500 2 megs RAM with A590 w/40 MB SCSI HD and Workbench 1.3
C= A3000 25 MHz with Workbench 3.1
AmigaOne X1000 4 GB RAM, XFX Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 GPU and AmigaOS 4.1 FE/Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS/Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS
Sam460ex 2GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM, XFX Radeon HD 5450 2GB GDDR3 GPU, 3114 SATA Raid, ENVY24HT sound card and AmigaOS 4.1 FE
User avatar
jdupuis
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 8:19 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana USA

Re: Mate System Error Switching Kernels

Postby xeno74 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:37 pm

jdupuis wrote:Hi Christian,

Kind of odd. After testing 4.6 rc5 then shutdown. Upon boot up with Kernel 4.1.20 I get a window after Desktop loads that says System Error and requests to send error report. How do I rectify this?
Not an issue with Ubuntu 12.04.05.

Thanks,

John


Have you seen the error report directly?
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 3776
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Mate System Error Switching Kernels

Postby jdupuis » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:30 pm

Christian,

It's a pop-up window on the desktop "Program Failure Send Report?" [Cancel] [Send] I cancel and it goes away until next boot up. Just like it does when I first copy the Disk Image.
I have not copied over any Kernel data to 16.04 Mate as I have with Ubuntu 12.04. Did not see the need to as I have now got all of my unpacked Kernels and Data in their own folder on my CF Card. i.e. Kernel4.1.20 (Dir Folder) /vmlinux-4.1 and data.

Thanks,

John

P.S. I wonder if a new install as opposed to copying someone's disk image would make a difference? I just do not know how to go about a new install of Mate. Is there an Ubuntu 16.04 New Install DVD Image yet for X1000 PPC?
C= A500 2 megs RAM with A590 w/40 MB SCSI HD and Workbench 1.3
C= A3000 25 MHz with Workbench 3.1
AmigaOne X1000 4 GB RAM, XFX Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 GPU and AmigaOS 4.1 FE/Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS/Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS
Sam460ex 2GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM, XFX Radeon HD 5450 2GB GDDR3 GPU, 3114 SATA Raid, ENVY24HT sound card and AmigaOS 4.1 FE
User avatar
jdupuis
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 8:19 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana USA

Re: Mate System Error Switching Kernels

Postby xeno74 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:33 am

jdupuis wrote:Christian,

It's a pop-up window on the desktop "Program Failure Send Report?" [Cancel] [Send] I cancel and it goes away until next boot up. Just like it does when I first copy the Disk Image.
I have not copied over any Kernel data to 16.04 Mate as I have with Ubuntu 12.04. Did not see the need to as I have now got all of my unpacked Kernels and Data in their own folder on my CF Card. i.e. Kernel4.1.20 (Dir Folder) /vmlinux-4.1 and data.

Thanks,

John

P.S. I wonder if a new install as opposed to copying someone's disk image would make a difference? I just do not know how to go about a new install of Mate. Is there an Ubuntu 16.04 New Install DVD Image yet for X1000 PPC?


No, there isn't a new X1000 DVD ISO available.
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 3776
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Mate System Error Switching Kernels [Solved]

Postby jdupuis » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:45 am

xeno74 wrote:
jdupuis wrote:Christian,

It's a pop-up window on the desktop "Program Failure Send Report?" [Cancel] [Send] I cancel and it goes away until next boot up. Just like it does when I first copy the Disk Image.
I have not copied over any Kernel data to 16.04 Mate as I have with Ubuntu 12.04. Did not see the need to as I have now got all of my unpacked Kernels and Data in their own folder on my CF Card. i.e. Kernel4.1.20 (Dir Folder) /vmlinux-4.1 and data.

Thanks,

John

P.S. I wonder if a new install as opposed to copying someone's disk image would make a difference? I just do not know how to go about a new install of Mate. Is there an Ubuntu 16.04 New Install DVD Image yet for X1000 PPC?


No, there isn't a new X1000 DVD ISO available.


Lots of things to discover in Ubuntu Mate 16.04 (and play around with). Software Boutique click on "Fixes" (wrench icon). Fix broken packages, dependencies, etc. :) Installed Ubuntu Software Center as well.

Cheers!!
C= A500 2 megs RAM with A590 w/40 MB SCSI HD and Workbench 1.3
C= A3000 25 MHz with Workbench 3.1
AmigaOne X1000 4 GB RAM, XFX Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 GPU and AmigaOS 4.1 FE/Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS/Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS
Sam460ex 2GB DDR2 800 MHz RAM, XFX Radeon HD 5450 2GB GDDR3 GPU, 3114 SATA Raid, ENVY24HT sound card and AmigaOS 4.1 FE
User avatar
jdupuis
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 8:19 am
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana USA

Re: Mate System Error Switching Kernels [Solved]

Postby xeno74 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:26 am

John,

Thank you very much for testing, it is appreciated.

Cheers,

Christian
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 3776
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am


Return to Platform: AmigaOne X1000 - Linux Only

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests