Fedora 25 ppc64

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.

Re: Fedora 25 ppc64

Postby xeno74 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:57 pm

musa wrote:Hi Christian
I install firefox-50.1.0-1.fc25.ppc64.rpm .
I succeeded to install a printer on Fedora. I had to instal cups to get it to work. sudo dnf install cups
I realy like fedora :)


I like Fedora too. :-)
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 2741
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Fedora 25 ppc64

Postby musa » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi
I have audio of Fedora but no music players has worked. The problem is that I could not find codec like mp3 and others to PPC. Finally I got Audacius to play mp3 files. I must admit that I did not quite realize what it was that made it suddenly works.
audacious.png
AmigaX1000
Follow me on twitter @basjoo_dk
User avatar
musa
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Fedora 25 ppc64

Postby musa » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:33 pm

Hi christian
I got an error when Fedora boot:
failed to start gssapi proxy deamon
see systemclt status gssproxy.service.

When using systemctl i got this:
gssproxy.service - GSSAPI Proxy Daemon
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/gssproxy.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since lør 2017-02-04 19:49:27 CET; 8min ago
Process: 2573 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/gssproxy -D (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

feb 04 19:49:24 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Starting GSSAPI Proxy Daemon...
feb 04 19:49:26 localhost.localdomain gssproxy[2573]: GSS-Proxy is not supported by this kernel since file /proc/net/rpc/use-gss-proxy could not be found: 2 (No such file or directory)
feb 04 19:49:27 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: gssproxy.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
feb 04 19:49:27 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Failed to start GSSAPI Proxy Daemon.
feb 04 19:49:27 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: gssproxy.service: Unit entered failed state.
feb 04 19:49:27 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: gssproxy.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

In this I see this:GSS-Proxy is not supported by this kernel since file /proc/net/rpc/use-gss-proxy could not be found: 2 (No such file or directory)

My question is: is there support for GSS-Proxy in vmlinux-4.9.5-AmigaONE_X1000 ?

Thanks in advance
AmigaX1000
Follow me on twitter @basjoo_dk
User avatar
musa
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Fedora 25 ppc64

Postby xeno74 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:17 pm

musa wrote:Hi christian
I got an error when Fedora boot:
failed to start gssapi proxy deamon
see systemclt status gssproxy.service.

When using systemctl i got this:
gssproxy.service - GSSAPI Proxy Daemon
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/gssproxy.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since lør 2017-02-04 19:49:27 CET; 8min ago
Process: 2573 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/gssproxy -D (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

feb 04 19:49:24 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Starting GSSAPI Proxy Daemon...
feb 04 19:49:26 localhost.localdomain gssproxy[2573]: GSS-Proxy is not supported by this kernel since file /proc/net/rpc/use-gss-proxy could not be found: 2 (No such file or directory)
feb 04 19:49:27 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: gssproxy.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
feb 04 19:49:27 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Failed to start GSSAPI Proxy Daemon.
feb 04 19:49:27 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: gssproxy.service: Unit entered failed state.
feb 04 19:49:27 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: gssproxy.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

In this I see this:GSS-Proxy is not supported by this kernel since file /proc/net/rpc/use-gss-proxy could not be found: 2 (No such file or directory)

My question is: is there support for GSS-Proxy in vmlinux-4.9.5-AmigaONE_X1000 ?

Thanks in advance


No, there isn't any support for GSS-Proxy in the kernel. Do we need this support?
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 2741
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Fedora 25 ppc64

Postby musa » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:50 pm

xeno74 wrote:
No, there isn't any support for GSS-Proxy in the kernel. Do we need this support?

Hi Christian
I do not know enough about it to decide that. :)
I have read here: https://fedorahosted.org/gss-proxy/wiki/NFS and understood that it helps to improve safety in different networks situations. If I can find where I can disable it then perhaps it is the solution. :)
AmigaX1000
Follow me on twitter @basjoo_dk
User avatar
musa
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Fedora 25 ppc64

Postby xeno74 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:05 am

musa wrote:Hi Christian
I do not know enough about it to decide that. :)
I have read here: https://fedorahosted.org/gss-proxy/wiki/NFS and understood that it helps to improve safety in different networks situations. If I can find where I can disable it then perhaps it is the solution. :)


How can we enable it in the kernel config?
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 2741
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Fedora 25 ppc64

Postby musa » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:13 am

xeno74 wrote:
How can we enable it in the kernel config?

I do not know Christian. I know nothing at all about that. I'm just trying to get rid of as many of the errors in the start up as I can and this was the last one you have in fedora. :)
AmigaX1000
Follow me on twitter @basjoo_dk
User avatar
musa
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Fedora 25 ppc64

Postby xeno74 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:56 am

musa wrote:I do not know Christian. I know nothing at all about that. I'm just trying to get rid of as many of the errors in the start up as I can and this was the last one you have in fedora. :)


I see. :-)
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 2741
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Fedora 25 ppc64

Postby musa » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:18 pm

Big update in Fedora

Screenshot.png
AmigaX1000
Follow me on twitter @basjoo_dk
User avatar
musa
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Fedora 25 ppc64

Postby xeno74 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:32 am

musa wrote:Big update in Fedora

Screenshot.png


Fantastic!

Have you updated it yet?
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 2741
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

PreviousNext

Return to Platform: AmigaOne X1000 - Linux Only

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest