Tab color change on mouse pointer hover

AmigaOS users can make feature requests in this forum.

Tab color change on mouse pointer hover

Postby Raziel » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:38 pm

Is there a GUI option to change the color of a tab when one hovers the mouse pointer over it?

I don't think i have seen one in GUI prefs.
Is this something that can be done?
If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian. ~ Sir Paul McCartney
-
Did everything just taste purple for a second? ~ Philip J. Fry
-
Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style, ladies vomit when I smile. ~ Dr. John Zoidberg
Raziel

Location: A haunted Castle somewhere in the Bavarian Mountains

Re: Tab color change on mouse pointer hover

Postby tonyw » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:47 am

What sort of tab? Do you mean the tabs in a Tab Gadget, at the top of a text page?

I think the answer is "no, it's never been asked for before".

What would you gain by it? Would you expect it to change to different colours depending on some condition?
cheers
tony
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Postby Raziel » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:01 am

tonyw wrote:What sort of tab? Do you mean the tabs in a Tab Gadget, at the top of a text page?

I think the answer is "no, it's never been asked for before".

What would you gain by it? Would you expect it to change to different colours depending on some condition?

Exactly.

i.e. GUI Prefs/(Subsystem) Borders --> the tabs "Geometry" and "Appearance"

On mouse hover the tab could slightly change it's background color, so one could see which tab would get activated on a mouse click.
I don't think Reaction does anything like that on mouse hover...MUI can do it, though.

A perfect example on what i mean is using Odyssey on this very page and "Post a reply".
The buttons above the reply window do exactly what i mean ("B", "i", "U", "Quote", "Code", "List" etc.). Hover with the mouse over one of those buttons and it slightly changes it's background color.

I guess this would be a big enhancement as it probably means to change/enhance every GUI item?
If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian. ~ Sir Paul McCartney
-
-
Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style, ladies vomit when I smile. ~ Dr. John Zoidberg
Raziel

Postby trixie » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:07 am

@Raziel

I guess this would be a big enhancement as it probably means to change/enhance every GUI item?

As GM_RENDER (= the method that renders the gadget imagery) is implemented by each individual gadget rather than by the master class, the background colour change would indeed have to be programmed in for each and every gadget class.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon R5 230 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
trixie

Postby Raziel » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:37 pm

A no-go then, too bad
-
-
Raziel

Return to AmigaOS Feature Requests