AmiDock behaviour

AmigaOS users can make feature requests in this forum.
chris

Re: AmiDock behaviour

Post by chris »

Amigo1 wrote:
ddni wrote:Most irritating thing about Amidock is that after a screenmode change, the subdocks do not line up with the originator icon.
context menus in AmiDock are a little of a pain too.. first click on an icon and then drag the mouse pointer away, then go back to the icon in question and use the right mouse-button to access the context menu, or click on an empty area of a Dock -which might be difficult if the dock has the dragbar disabled- and subsequently use the RMB on the icon in question.. a little too fiddly that is, IMHO..
What you're really asking for there is the ability to activate the window being pointed at, using the RMB. I agree.
Amigo1

Post by Amigo1 »

chris wrote:
Amigo1 wrote:
ddni wrote:Most irritating thing about Amidock is that after a screenmode change, the subdocks do not line up with the originator icon.
context menus in AmiDock are a little of a pain too.. first click on an icon and then drag the mouse pointer away, then go back to the icon in question and use the right mouse-button to access the context menu, or click on an empty area of a Dock -which might be difficult if the dock has the dragbar disabled- and subsequently use the RMB on the icon in question.. a little too fiddly that is, IMHO..
What you're really asking for there is the ability to activate the window being pointed at, using the RMB. I agree.

Yes, that's exactly what I (tried) to say/ask. :-)
HKvalhe

Post by HKvalhe »

I think i might have a clue what is the main problem with AmiDock being moved after using, say some QT applications like Vacuum-IM when its' notifications keep flashing.

QT programs need to be updated yes, but the main problem seems to be in AmiDock. Where positions of the docks are set to be Locked, they are SUPPOSED to be LOCKED, right?

As a result, the main AmiDock seems to have been moved, despite having the position LOCKED onto a certain position on the screen. It's not a normal behaviour of AmiDock to be moved when being locked, especially when getting notifications from Vacuum-IM for instance. It shouldn't ALTER the position of AmiDock at all.
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
AmigaOne 500 @ 1.15Ghz Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB, AmigaOS 4.1 Final, 2GB DDR2, Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E, ESI@Juli XTe PCIe audio
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

HKvalhe wrote:I think i might have a clue what is the main problem with AmiDock being moved after using, say some QT applications like Vacuum-IM when its' notifications keep flashing.

QT programs need to be updated yes, but the main problem seems to be in AmiDock. Where positions of the docks are set to be Locked, they are SUPPOSED to be LOCKED, right?

As a result, the main AmiDock seems to have been moved, despite having the position LOCKED onto a certain position on the screen. It's not a normal behaviour of AmiDock to be moved when being locked, especially when getting notifications from Vacuum-IM for instance. It shouldn't ALTER the position of AmiDock at all.
When i "lock" item positions in AmiDock it stays where it has been locked

So either you have a broken install or doing something wrong
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Petrol
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Petrol »

Do you have autoresize set on your dock?
(you can find this option in the menu by right-clicking on dock itself)

Regards,
Xavier
HKvalhe

Post by HKvalhe »

Nothing was broken, but i have looked more closely on the settings, and did the following.

*Yes, my AmiDock is Autosized

For the Maindock, i have the position as "Always in the Background", and the Icon Alignment to Centered, so now even when i use QT applications, the AmiDock is no longer moved when it's LOCKED.

Still, related to other situations mentioned where AmiDock is currently limited or not working as supposed to reading other threats, i take it that most agree that AmiDock needs a great facelift and improvement to work more correctly.

So simply put, AmiDock doesn't need to be replaced by another dock system. AmiDock only needs to be further improved. That's all :)

But now my AmiDock is as it should be :)
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
AmigaOne 500 @ 1.15Ghz Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB, AmigaOS 4.1 Final, 2GB DDR2, Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E, ESI@Juli XTe PCIe audio
HKvalhe

Post by HKvalhe »

Petrol wrote:Do you have autoresize set on your dock?
(you can find this option in the menu by right-clicking on dock itself)

Regards,
Xavier
Done :)
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
kas1e
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by kas1e »

@Amigo1, chris

In case you in interest, i make a BZ to amidock about "we need ability to activate the window being pointed at, using the RMB".