All enhancements/bugs BZs about AmiDock

AmigaOS users can make feature requests in this forum.
kas1e
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

All enhancements/bugs BZs about AmiDock

Post by kas1e »

@All

I am in progress of adding all the bugs/enhancement to amidock, and while i already add most of them which we discuss there and there in last years, i still can miss something.

In meantime, that what i _already_ add:

1. Add ability to disable identification of running apps by a white dot (pretty visibly when you for example set in mui apps iconify to amidock)
2. Add option to make posible for specific dock to follow on public screens (that understandable, and should be internal, without 3d party half working dockies)
3. Add ability to activate the window being pointed at, using the RMB (to solve all those problems when you want context menu of some dockie, you need to make dock/dockie firstly active, and only then press RMB).
4. Add option for scaling not only icons, but any content placed in amidock (as well, as bunch of BZ to those dockies which have some rendered content to dock, which is hardcoded). So or option can be added , or for those which hardcoded just resize tooltypes can be added if not option to amidock itself (like do zzd10h in mini NetDock). Sure option to amidock will be better, as it will fix all the problems one time for any dockies which render anything to dock.

What else ? Let's bring all the bugs / real enhancements which make real sense there, so until i am over it, we can note all problems to BZ, and that will be at least noted for developers.
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: All enhancements/bugs BZs about AmiDock

Post by ssolie »

A big thanks for doing this!

Capturing such information in bugzilla is very helpful to us when it comes time to prepare another major release.
ExecSG Team Lead
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Make it possible to attach subdocks to specific icons in the parent dock, and have them stay attached (follow) even if the main dock changes its (absolute) position.

Make it possible to attach subdocks to maindock in all four directions, and have them stick there even if you change the resolution and your AmiDock is at the bottom and/or right edge of the screen (i.e. no absolute coordinates).

(Not sure if I already BZed these previously.)

My preferred layout is a vertical main dock in the bottom right corner with subdocks popping out to the left. I always have to reposition all the subdocks whenever I change my resolution :-(

Best regards,

Niels
chris

Post by chris »

kas1e wrote:1. Add ability to disable identification of running apps by a white dot (pretty visibly when you for example set in mui apps iconify to amidock)
I vaguely recall a white dot for Application Dockies. However I haven't seen it for years, I think I must have either switched it off, or it only occurs under certain circumstances (maybe when there's no title?). I can't reproduce it anyway, even iconifying an MUI app to the dock.
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

chris wrote:
kas1e wrote:1. Add ability to disable identification of running apps by a white dot (pretty visibly when you for example set in mui apps iconify to amidock)
I vaguely recall a white dot for Application Dockies. However I haven't seen it for years, I think I must have either switched it off, or it only occurs under certain circumstances (maybe when there's no title?). I can't reproduce it anyway, even iconifying an MUI app to the dock.
I have the white dot (never knew what it's for, though) under the dockies of Wet, AmiSystemRestore and YAM, not under AmiUpdate.
Those are all placed into the "AppDockies" dock

I can't really add anything to the already mentioned feature requests, but i can say that i'm looking forward to those
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
trixie

Post by trixie »

@chris
I vaguely recall a white dot for Application Dockies. However I haven't seen it for years, I think I must have either switched it off, or it only occurs under certain circumstances (maybe when there's no title?).
I think I remember - cannot check, being far from my Sam now - that the application docky (icon with the white dot below) appeared when I registered my program providing REGAPP_WBStartup or REGAPP_FileName as well. I considered it an odd behaviour so I removed these tags.
The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
chris

Post by chris »

Raziel wrote:I have the white dot (never knew what it's for, though) under the dockies of Wet, AmiSystemRestore and YAM, not under AmiUpdate.
I don't, so there *must* be a setting somewhere already (probably in AmiDock's settings).
chris

Post by chris »

chris wrote:
Raziel wrote:I have the white dot (never knew what it's for, though) under the dockies of Wet, AmiSystemRestore and YAM, not under AmiUpdate.
I don't, so there *must* be a setting somewhere already (probably in AmiDock's settings).
Ah, found it. If you set "Icon Names" to "None" in the prefs for the dock, all the titles disappear and the application dockies get a dot added. Any of the other options, and no dot is present (the application dockies are identified by their title being underlined).
kas1e
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by kas1e »

@chris and all

About white dot, that how it looks like if i design dock to be at top of wb (looks pretty strange as for me, so to have option to remove that identification by white dot will be at least give one more way to do better design by users):
Attachments
white_dots.jpg
white_dots.jpg (9.21 KiB) Viewed 7932 times
kas1e
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by kas1e »

@nbache

Can you plz recheck your BZs , and if you didn't add those ones which you describe, add them ?