OpenAmigaGuideAsync notification on close

AmigaOS users can make feature requests in this forum.
JosDuchIt

Re: OpenAmigaGuideAsync notification on close

Post by JosDuchIt »

There was also a guy from India (ir with a long Indianlike name) working on a datatype for all sorts of text classes (hypertext , SGML, ? etc)
I can't find trace of him though.
trixie

Post by trixie »

@JosDuchIt

Yes I know, his name is Amarpreet Singh Munde. We exchanged e-mails two years ago - I asked about the possibility to release the source code to his datatypes. He said: "there are no plans to release the source code to the public domain since it is being used in other products on different platforms".
The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
chris

Post by chris »

I notice amigaguide.library in FE is new and dated a few days after I started this thread. I don't suppose somebody can say what was changed? Is this fixed?
salass00
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by salass00 »

chris wrote:I notice amigaguide.library in FE is new and dated a few days after I started this thread. I don't suppose somebody can say what was changed? Is this fixed?
No, the only changes for the new 53.3 version was that some unsafe string copy functions were replaced with Strlcpy() and that the used clib was changed from clib2 to newlib.
chris

Post by chris »

salass00 wrote: No, the only changes for the new 53.3 version was that some unsafe string copy functions were replaced with Strlcpy() and that the used clib was changed from clib2 to newlib.
OK, thanks, saves me wasting time testing it.
chris

Post by chris »

Hooray! This appears to finally be fixed in OS4.1FEU1. Shame I can't actually remember why I needed it (or, rather, what I did to workaround not having it).