Workbench Prefs

AmigaOS users can make feature requests in this forum.
tommysammy

Workbench Prefs

Post by tommysammy »

There is an option for "close parent automatically"
I wish me a " close child automatically" option
Is it possible to add it?
AmigaOne X1000 Betatester A1-X1090
AmigaOne X1000/4GB Ram/Saphire Radeon 7850 1GB/256GB SSD HD/2GB CF Card/RTL8169Network
Hans
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Workbench Prefs

Post by Hans »

tommysammy wrote:There is an option for "close parent automatically"
I wish me a " close child automatically" option
Is it possible to add it?
IIRC, there is a non-obvious way to automatically close the parent window. It might be holding down the left Amiga (or is that right Amiga?) when double-clicking on a drawer, but I don't know for sure.

Hans
http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more. Home of the RadeonHD driver for Amiga OS 4.x project.
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

I think you misunderstood. Thomas knows the RAmiga shortcut for closing the parent as you open a child - he wants to do the opposite, close the child as you "Open Parent".

Sounds like a reasonable request.
cheers
tony
chris

Post by chris »

tonyw wrote:I think you misunderstood. Thomas knows the RAmiga shortcut for closing the parent as you open a child - he wants to do the opposite, close the child as you "Open Parent".

It's the same shortcut - RAmiga+close gadget - but there's no equivalent to permanently enable this in WB prefs.
Hans
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by Hans »

tonyw wrote:I think you misunderstood. Thomas knows the RAmiga shortcut for closing the parent as you open a child - he wants to do the opposite, close the child as you "Open Parent".
True, but the same hotkey opens the parent when you close the child window.

Hans
http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more. Home of the RadeonHD driver for Amiga OS 4.x project.
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

No it doesn't.

We must be talking about different things. If I select "Open parent" and hold the RAmiga key, the parent opens but the child window does not close.
Similarly, if I click the go-away box whilst holding the RAmiga key, the child window closes but the parent does not open.

Is it different on your machine?
cheers
tony
tommysammy

Post by tommysammy »

You have understood me :)
Please i don`t want a solution with a hotkey or so, i wish me an option in Workbench Prefs.
AmigaOne X1000/4GB Ram/Saphire Radeon 7850 1GB/256GB SSD HD/2GB CF Card/RTL8169Network
Scriptjester
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Scriptjester »

tommysammy wrote: Please i don`t want a solution with a hotkey or so, i wish me an option in Workbench Prefs.
Until there is a Workbench Prefs, use this :
http://www.os4depot.net/index.php?funct ... t/cdop.lha

I know : it's a hotkey ! But useful...
imagodespira
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by imagodespira »

If i understand you right, you want to open a window. Then open a drawer within and the "parent" window should close that there is only the opened drawer left?

Look in Workbench Prefs on the first Tab, right side in "Option". The first entry is in german "Übergeordnetes automatisch schließen", in english should be "close parent" ;)?

Is this for what you are looking?

I use it since years in addition with a arrex script which openes the parent window again if i hit my configured mouse button.
tommysammy

Post by tommysammy »

imagodespira wrote:If i understand you right, you want to open a window. Then open a drawer within and the "parent" window should close that there is only the opened drawer left?

Look in Workbench Prefs on the first Tab, right side in "Option". The first entry is in german "Übergeordnetes automatisch schließen", in english should be "close parent" ;)?

Is this for what you are looking?

I use it since years in addition with a arrex script which openes the parent window again if i hit my configured mouse button.
I know that but this is not I am looking for. I have this already enabled.