Seamless video recording

AmigaOS users can make feature requests in this forum.
HKvalhe

Seamless video recording

Post by HKvalhe »

Have been trying to find ways to record seamless videos from my 18.1Mpx Panasonic Lumix TZ40 compact camera in either MP4 or AVCHD used for displaying video through HDTV.

Doing that on a SAM460 is quite a challenge, when performance is not at the best, and there is no perfect video recording software i know about natively for AmigaOS4 that can do all the editing and converting as best and simple as possible.

A dream would be, on a multicore PPC Amiga to fast and easily record a video you made, setting up the elements like you want to and edit them. Adopting of ideas could happen from similar video recording software you find on both MacOS and Windows (which seem to be a standard part of their OSes). But back to the point. In AmigaOS, such would be something wonderful.

All i can think of, is to wait for AmigaOS 4.2 to be fully completed, knowing what is happening with it now and stuffs the OS are to have, this could be our best hope.

Video was one of the Amiga's most unique areas where it performed best of all other platforms. It would be natural if Amiga made a great comeback into the video market as well.
Helge Kvalheim, Norway
AmigaOne 500 @ 1.15Ghz Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB, AmigaOS 4.1 Final, 2GB DDR2, Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E, ESI@Juli XTe PCIe audio