CMD printer output redirection 

AmigaOS users can make feature requests in this forum.
xenic

Re: CMD printer output redirection 

Post by xenic »

@JosDuchIt
I don't know anything about Gui4CLI but I've ofter been frustrated by the fact that you can't redirect the output from an AmigaDOS script for debugging like you can from a command. You can redirect it to NIL: but not a file (e.g myscript >NIL: works).

It can be done in strange ways like:
echo >ram:file `myscript`
However, the linefeeds are stripped.

rx >ram:file "ADDRESS COMMAND execute myscript"
That works but I have to wonder why ARexx can redirect the output but a shell can't.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
Olaf Barthel
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: CMD printer output redirection 

Post by Olaf Barthel »

JosDuchIt wrote:@ssolie
From a shell's commandline
Recorder ram:output &
Run Recorder ram:output
both work well & in both circumstances you can close the recordingstream just using
Recorder off
Please do not run the "Recorder" command in the background. The "Recorder" command is for telling the shell to send all the output which would otherwise just go to the console window into a file (and for turning recording off). Once "Recorder" has told the shell what to do, it exits.

I think there is a bug in the command to the effect that it tries to switch the background shell into recording mode, which makes no sense because that background shell was created solely for the purpose of running "Recorder". So, until the problem has been addressed, please try not to run "Recorder" in the background.