USB In/Out sound

AmigaOS users can make feature requests in this forum.
tommysammy

USB In/Out sound

Post by tommysammy »

Please add some option in USB prefs, that play a sound when i tuck an USB stick in and pull out an USB stick like on other Os`s.Then I would like an option that i can choose between sound and a requester or i can use both of them.
AmigaOne X1000 Betatester A1-X1090
AmigaOne X1000/4GB Ram/Saphire Radeon 7850 1GB/256GB SSD HD/2GB CF Card/RTL8169Network
samo79

Re: USB In/Out sound

Post by samo79 »

Yep, not very necessary for me but agree that it would be a nice feature :-)
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by broadblues »

Because the fact you inserted the usb stick isn't enough of a clue that you inserted a usb stick?
xenic

Post by xenic »

broadblues wrote:Because the fact you inserted the usb stick isn't enough of a clue that you inserted a usb stick?
Or that the requester that opens on Workbench informing that a USB device has been attached isn't enough?

Personally, I'd rather see most existing bugs fixed before any new features are added. Try entering "USBCtrl restart" in a shell when there is a USB flash drive plugged in. Instant system freeze here.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
gazelle

Post by gazelle »

broadblues wrote:Because the fact you inserted the usb stick isn't enough of a clue that you inserted a usb stick?
It's more like to get a visual/audio feedback that the OS did register that you inserted the USB stick.

edit: Seems like xenic got inspired http://os4depot.net/?function=showfile& ... bsound.lha