ListBroswer checkbox

AmigaOS users can make feature requests in this forum.
mritter0

ListBroswer checkbox

Post by mritter0 »

I would like to be able to enable/disable the checkboxes in a listbrowser node. Making it ReadOnly is not what I need. I still want to be able to select the item, just not change the checked state.

Code: Select all

IListBrowser->SetListBrowserNodeAttrs(SelNode,
    LBNA_CheckBoxDisabled,    TRUE,
TAG_DONE);
Probably all types of gadgets could make use of this.

-------------------------------------------

It would also be nice for when a node is ReadOnly, to also give the text the disabled look, by option

LBNA_Disabled,   TRUE,
TAG_DONE);
So the user visually sees it is not selectable. This would also disable any gadgets associated with it.
Workbench Explorer - A better way to browse drawers
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: ListBroswer checkbox

Post by broadblues »

mritter0 wrote:I would like to be able to enable/disable the checkboxes in a listbrowser node. Making it ReadOnly is not what I need. I still want to be able to select the item, just not change the checked state.

LBNA_CheckBoxDisabled,    TRUE,
TAG_DONE);
Probably all types of gadgets could make use of this.
Curious request. Why? Perhaps you need to investigate usage of labels and images if you just want to indicate the state of some flag.

It's perfectly possible to slecte a LBN without toggling the checkbox, simply by clicking on the label.

--------------------------------------
It would also be nice for when a node is ReadOnly, to also give the text the disabled look, by option

LBNA_Disabled,   TRUE,
TAG_DONE);
So the user visually sees it is not selectable. This would also disable any gadgets associated with it.
RenderHook is your friend for all non standard rendering.
mritter0

Re: ListBroswer checkbox

Post by mritter0 »

It's not a matter of I don't want to accidentally click on the checkbox, I want to be able to toggle selection and toggle enabled/disabled state. Imagine a list of items and you need/want one to be forced on/off, but the item can still be selected, to show other things elsewhere. Pick this item, it forces that item on/off, so disable it so can't be altered until original item is toggled.
Workbench Explorer - A better way to browse drawers