ColumnInfo Height

AmigaOS users can make feature requests in this forum.
mritter0

ColumnInfo Height

Post by mritter0 »

When showing varying image sizes in a listbrowser (with a ColumnInfo used) each row can be of different heights depending on the image. You can set a width, but not height.

Could LBCIA_Height be added to force every row to be the same size?

This way images smaller than the max sizes specified would be vertically and horizontally centered and every row is the same height. Not some rows 64 tall, some 24 tall, some 50 tall, etc.

With text, some rows may have only 1 line, others may have 5. Normally you wouldn't need to set a height for that, but maybe you would if you needed/wanted a consistent look.

Would also be easier to figure out max lines shown since there would be no variation.

By default it would not be specified/enabled.

LBNCA_VertJustify would be needed then, too. TOP, MIDDLE/CENTER, BOTTOM.
Workbench Explorer - A better way to browse drawers
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: ColumnInfo Height

Post by broadblues »

Columns don't have Height, Rows do so ColumnInfo Height would be illogical, and positivly confusing.

You can't set the height of a Node explicitly (as far as I can see from qyuick search) but you can do two things.

Set the height of your BOOPIS images to be the same. If you set the height of bitmap.image to larger than the bitmap it centres the image in the space. Similarly with label.image I think.

Use a render hook and set the height via LBNCA_HookHeight. Not recomended if all you want is an image, but useful if you need more complex rendering.
mritter0

Re: ColumnInfo Height

Post by mritter0 »

Yes, duh me. Not column height, row height. But you get what I am getting at: make every row the same height no matter it's content. Easily done with images (as you suggested), but harder with text (pad with line breaks).
Workbench Explorer - A better way to browse drawers