Creativity extras

AmigaOS users can make feature requests in this forum.

Creativity extras

Postby Spektro » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:11 pm

Hello,

For me Amiga has always been a creativity tool. I'm proposing that a set of self expression tools would be included in the next AOS4 version as extras, so that everyone can start creating right away :)

I'm proposing 6 tool categories: music, graphics, video, creative writing, game making, and ideation. I collected suggestions for every category. There are quite many tools, so it's obvious that not all can be included - maybe one or two per category.

What do you think about the idea?

Here are my suggestions:

Music
  • 4096 Live
  • Audio Evolution 4
  • Bars & Pipes
  • Dt-42
  • Goattracker
  • Hively Tracker
  • Klystrack
  • MilkyTracker
  • Protracker23
  • Protrekkr
  • Rockbeat
  • Schism
  • Seq
Graphics
  • 32biticoned
  • Amifig
  • Blender
  • ColorType
  • Fracplanet
  • Grafx2
  • ImageFX Lite
  • Imagin
  • Pencil
  • Povray
  • PPaint
  • SketchBlock
  • Terrain
Video
  • VideoEditor
Creative Writing
  • Abiword
  • Cinnamon Writer
Game Making
  • Aquest
  • Inutilis - Inga
  • MegaZeux
  • Magx
  • Tiled
Ideation
  • Mindspace
- Janne Peräaho
Spektro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Creativity extras

Postby Raziel » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:39 pm

Wasn't the reason there were so few extras in the OS releases that they weren't able to secure the rights to do so?

If it was, and they'd like to change that, it would be at least a years job for one man to secure them, to just be able to burn them on the CD where most of said tools could easily be downloaded from known sites...
If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian. ~ Sir Paul McCartney
-
Did everything just taste purple for a second? ~ Philip J. Fry
-
Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style, ladies vomit when I smile. ~ Dr. John Zoidberg
Raziel

Location: A haunted Castle somewhere in the Bavarian Mountains

Postby Spektro » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:23 pm

I picked most of the listed software from the OS4Depot. It seems that you only need OS4Depot's permission to distribute the programs with AOS4 since authors have granted distribution rights to OS4Depot when they uploaded their programs and ticked the "Distribute" box on the OS4Depot's upload form.

You can view the OS4Depot's distribution terms here: http://os4depot.net/help/help_distribute.txt
- Janne Peräaho
Spektro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby broadblues » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:27 am

Spektro wrote:I picked most of the listed software from the OS4Depot. It seems that you only need OS4Depot's permission to distribute the programs with AOS4 since authors have granted distribution rights to OS4Depot when they uploaded their programs and ticked the "Distribute" box on the OS4Depot's upload form.

You can view the OS4Depot's distribution terms here: http://os4depot.net/help/help_distribute.txt

Er no that just allowed cross posting to aminet (which has since be discontnued) and cover CD collections, not automatic inclusion on commercial distributions!
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Postby nbache » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:59 pm

broadblues wrote:
Spektro wrote:I picked most of the listed software from the OS4Depot. It seems that you only need OS4Depot's permission to distribute the programs with AOS4 since authors have granted distribution rights to OS4Depot when they uploaded their programs and ticked the "Distribute" box on the OS4Depot's upload form.

Er no that just allowed cross posting to aminet (which has since be discontnued) and cover CD collections, not automatic inclusion on commercial distributions!
Hmm ... consider this passage: "bundled as a freebe together with some other commercial or public domain software". I'd say that would be enough to allow it, given all the proper attributions etc. Although of course IANAL :-).

Best regards,

Niels
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Return to AmigaOS Feature Requests