Lubuntu 14.04

Linux only discussion for the AmigaOne 500 and Sam series

Re: Lubuntu 14.04

Postby Spectre660 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:44 pm

The ISO linked below works with the Sam460ex and Radeon PCIE video cards up to Radeon HD 6000 series .
It has a 3.13-rc7 kernel. Was the last Sam460ex one I did before my Sam460ex was destroyed.
Tomorrow ,27 Feb 2014, Is the release date for Lubuntu 14.04 beta 1 milestone so good time to get onboard.

http://www.xenosoft.de/Lubuntu_14.04_Sa ... Boot-2.iso

vox wrote:
Spectre660 wrote:New Sam440ep Lubuntu 14.04 installer boot iso.

Kernel 3.13.1 . Colour issue on Radeon 9250 fixed. :D
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... Boot-3.iso

You also need to download the Lubuntu 14.04 PowerPC alternate installer iso if you have not already done so.
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/daily ... owerpc.iso

after booting your Sam with the boot CD and getting the Language Selection screen remove the boot CD and replace it with the alternate installer CD.


Does it work on SAM460 or you have to make a separate release?
Spectre660
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Lubuntu 14.04

Postby Spectre660 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:47 pm

Something has broken the latest firefox version.

julian@Sam440ep:~$ firefox

(process:8233): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
julian@Sam440ep:~$
Spectre660
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Lubuntu 14.04

Postby Spectre660 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:16 pm

found the bug report for this problem .
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... ug/1160569

Have installed Opera for use now

Download opera browser PPC archive.
Open a Terminal (XTerm) on your linux/ubuntu desktop and CD where file is downloaded, unarchive it with tar -zxvf , CD into the new directory and then type sudo ./install, follow installation (aka press RETURN key when prompted until finishes). Run it from shell (opera).


http://www.opera.com/download/get/?id=3 ... sub=marine
Spectre660
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Lubuntu 14.04

Postby xeno74 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:49 pm

Spectre660 wrote:Something has broken the latest firefox version.

julian@Sam440ep:~$ firefox

(process:8233): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
julian@Sam440ep:~$


Spectre660,

Firefox 28 works on my Sam440ep-Flex. Could you delete the Firefox profile directory (.mozilla/firefox) in your home directory, please?

Rgds,

Christian
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 2824
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Lubuntu 14.04

Postby Spectre660 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:49 pm

Same error.
Firefox 28 was working ok for me to up to 17th March.
I tend to be aggressive with my updating and some updated components on 18th March led to the problem.
I will either wait it out till beta 2 in about 9 days or so or reinstall using an installer ISO from 17March or before .

xeno74 wrote:
Spectre660 wrote:Something has broken the latest firefox version.

julian@Sam440ep:~$ firefox

(process:8233): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
julian@Sam440ep:~$


Spectre660,

Firefox 28 works on my Sam440ep-Flex. Could you delete the Firefox profile directory (.mozilla/firefox) in your home directory, please?

Rgds,

Christian
Spectre660
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Lubuntu 14.04

Postby xeno74 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:28 pm

Spectre660 wrote:Same error.
Firefox 28 was working ok for me to up to 17th March.
I tend to be aggressive with my updating and some updated components on 18th March led to the problem.
I will either wait it out till beta 2 in about 9 days or so or reinstall using an installer ISO from 17March or before .


Could you reinstall the Firefox browser, please? Firefox 28 runs very well on my Lubuntu 14.04 on my Sam440ep Flex and on my A1-X1000. It also works well on Lubuntu 12.04.4.
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 2824
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Lubuntu 14.04

Postby Spectre660 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:53 pm

I tried to reinstall firefox but it resulted in the same issue.
I will do a reinstall of Lubuntu 14.04 at some point but want to wait for the beta-2 ISO

xeno74 wrote:
Spectre660 wrote:Same error.
Firefox 28 was working ok for me to up to 17th March.
I tend to be aggressive with my updating and some updated components on 18th March led to the problem.
I will either wait it out till beta 2 in about 9 days or so or reinstall using an installer ISO from 17March or before .


Could you reinstall the Firefox browser, please? Firefox 28 runs very well on my Lubuntu 14.04 on my Sam440ep Flex and on my A1-X1000. It also works well on Lubuntu 12.04.4.
Spectre660
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Lubuntu 14.04

Postby Spectre660 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:06 am

Reinstalled Lubuntu 14.04 form the 17th March daily iso and updated some 55 mb after the install.
Firefox 28 is working on the fresh installation.


xeno74 wrote:
Spectre660 wrote:Same error.
Firefox 28 was working ok for me to up to 17th March.
I tend to be aggressive with my updating and some updated components on 18th March led to the problem.
I will either wait it out till beta 2 in about 9 days or so or reinstall using an installer ISO from 17March or before .


Could you reinstall the Firefox browser, please? Firefox 28 runs very well on my Lubuntu 14.04 on my Sam440ep Flex and on my A1-X1000. It also works well on Lubuntu 12.04.4.
Spectre660
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Lubuntu 14.04

Postby xeno74 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:23 pm

Spectre660 wrote:Reinstalled Lubuntu 14.04 form the 17th March daily iso and updated some 55 mb after the install.
Firefox 28 is working on the fresh installation.


xeno74 wrote:
Spectre660 wrote:Same error.
Firefox 28 was working ok for me to up to 17th March.
I tend to be aggressive with my updating and some updated components on 18th March led to the problem.
I will either wait it out till beta 2 in about 9 days or so or reinstall using an installer ISO from 17March or before .


Could you reinstall the Firefox browser, please? Firefox 28 runs very well on my Lubuntu 14.04 on my Sam440ep Flex and on my A1-X1000. It also works well on Lubuntu 12.04.4.


Fantastic! Estupendo! :-)
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 2824
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Lubuntu 14.04

Postby xeno74 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:14 am

lubuntu-tile-sam.jpg
lubuntu-tile-sam.jpg (33.71 KiB) Viewed 3782 times


*** Lubuntu: Testers needed for PowerPC 14.04 ***

Quote by rsavage:

Release time soon, so why not help out with the testing? A PowerPC ISO will only be released if it is tested and passes all tests. This is a VERY time consuming process, so if you are able to help out I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by the lubuntu-qa team. Lots of info about testing in the FAQ and Lubuntu wikis.

Don't assume somebody else is going to do it for you, otherwise you might be in for a shock (kubuntu users?).

I've updated the "Known Issues" page with the current bugs from the tracker. Most of them are old (and not necessarily powerpc specific). I think there are workarounds for most, although I've yet to try the one for the live installer.

Please don't spam this thread with waffle. Comments in this thread mean nothing. The release team are only interested in official bug reports and official tracker testing results. Remember to confirm any existing bugs as this adds 'heat' to the bug.

Please also update the PowerPC Known Issues page with any new bugs/workarounds as it makes life so much easier for the next person.

If you have a problem that you want help with then RAISE A NEW THREAD.


Links:

PowerPCKnownIssues
ubuntuforums.org
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 2824
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

PreviousNext

Return to Platform: AmigaOne 500 and Sam series - Linux Only

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron