MATE

Linux only discussion for the AmigaOne 500 and Sam series

Re: MATE

Postby Spectre660 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:27 pm

This is a work in progress.
A modified ramdisk booted from a second bootable SF/00 partition on my hard drive.

It installs from the unmodified Debian Jessie DVD .
https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-ins ... 5/20150327

If you have a spare partition I could give you the instructions.
Or can do a boot iso then you would have to switch from boot cd to the DVD .



seventhwonder wrote:
Spectre660 wrote:Debian Jessie Mate.
Fresh Install from RC2 DVD.
Updated installer works with Radeon HD Southern Islands graphics cards (HD7750 tested)


Dear Spectre

To avoid to download wrong releases, can you please share the direct links of Sam460 installer and RC2 DVD for Debian Jessie-Mate ?

Thank you.
Spectre660
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: MATE

Postby seventhwonder » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:37 pm

Spectre660 wrote:This is a work in progress.
A modified ramdisk booted from a second bootable SF/00 partition on my hard drive.

It installs from the unmodified Debian Jessie DVD .
https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-ins ... 5/20150327

If you have a spare partition I could give you the instructions.
Or can do a boot iso then you would have to switch from boot cd to the DVD .



seventhwonder wrote:
Spectre660 wrote:Debian Jessie Mate.
Fresh Install from RC2 DVD.
Updated installer works with Radeon HD Southern Islands graphics cards (HD7750 tested)


I have a spare SFS partition, it would be great if you can give the instructions.
AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
**AmigaOne X5000 + 8GB RAM + Asus Radeon R7 265 GDDR5**
**Tabor A1222 + 2GB RAM + Asus Radeon HD R7 265 GDDR5 **
**Sam460 + 2GB RAM + Radeon HD 7750 GDDR5 **
seventhwonder
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:08 am

Re: MATE

Postby Spectre660 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:38 pm

Download and extract the following to your sfs/00 partition. then reboot.
of course your partition has to be bootable.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... taller.lha

Option Install Debian Jessie - Sam460ex should show up at boot
Once you get the first screen for language insert the Debian Jessie DVD
and then continue with the installation .

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/jessi ... c/iso-dvd/
Spectre660
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: MATE

Postby seventhwonder » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:03 pm

Spectre660 wrote:Download and extract the following to your sfs/00 partition. then reboot.
of course your partition has to be bootable.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... taller.lha

Option Install Debian Jessie - Sam460ex should show up at boot
Once you get the first screen for language insert the Debian Jessie DVD
and then continue with the installation .

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/jessi ... c/iso-dvd/


Hi Spectre,

Unfortunately it doesn't boot with my Radeon R7 265... I also changed to 3.19.1 kernel which supports R7 265, but no go..
My normal boot kernel is also on the same FFS hd and it start my Ubuntu partition without problem ?
AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
**AmigaOne X5000 + 8GB RAM + Asus Radeon R7 265 GDDR5**
**Tabor A1222 + 2GB RAM + Asus Radeon HD R7 265 GDDR5 **
**Sam460 + 2GB RAM + Radeon HD 7750 GDDR5 **
seventhwonder
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:08 am

Re: MATE

Postby Spectre660 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:18 pm

Did you retry a couple of times ? sometimes with the newer cards the installer fails and then boots ok a few attempts later.
If it still does not work then It may need to have the Radeon firmware in the kernel for the R7-265.
Works with My HD7750 as is. Will try to do a new one with the firmware built in if you cant get it to work .


seventhwonder wrote:
Spectre660 wrote:Download and extract the following to your sfs/00 partition. then reboot.
of course your partition has to be bootable.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... taller.lha

Option Install Debian Jessie - Sam460ex should show up at boot
Once you get the first screen for language insert the Debian Jessie DVD
and then continue with the installation .

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/jessi ... c/iso-dvd/


Hi Spectre,

Unfortunately it doesn't boot with my Radeon R7 265... I also changed to 3.19.1 kernel which supports R7 265, but no go..
My normal boot kernel is also on the same FFS hd and it start my Ubuntu partition without problem ?
Spectre660
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: MATE

Postby seventhwonder » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:26 pm

Spectre660 wrote:Did you retry a couple of times ? sometimes with the newer cards the installer fails and then boots ok a few attempts later.
If it still does not work then It may need to have the Radeon firmware in the kernel for the R7-265.
Works with My HD7750 as is. Will try to do a new one with the firmware built in if you cant get it to work .


seventhwonder wrote:
Spectre660 wrote:Download and extract the following to your sfs/00 partition. then reboot.
of course your partition has to be bootable.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... taller.lha

Option Install Debian Jessie - Sam460ex should show up at boot
Once you get the first screen for language insert the Debian Jessie DVD
and then continue with the installation .

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/jessi ... c/iso-dvd/


I tried several times,, Nothing happens after I make the kernel choice.
AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
**AmigaOne X5000 + 8GB RAM + Asus Radeon R7 265 GDDR5**
**Tabor A1222 + 2GB RAM + Asus Radeon HD R7 265 GDDR5 **
**Sam460 + 2GB RAM + Radeon HD 7750 GDDR5 **
seventhwonder
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:08 am

Re: MATE

Postby Spectre660 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:07 pm

Do you get the kernel loading and ramdisk uncompressing ?
Spectre660
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: MATE

Postby Spectre660 » Mon May 11, 2015 12:40 am

Lubuntu/Lubuntu Mate 15.10 begins with the same colour problem as 15.04 .
Last edited by Spectre660 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spectre660
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: MATE

Postby xeno74 » Mon May 11, 2015 10:29 am

Spectre660 wrote:Lubuntu/Lubuntu Mate 15.10 begins with the same colour problem as 15.04 .


Thank you for testing.

Good news: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_activity.cgi?id=89886
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
xeno74
 
Posts: 2808
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Re: MATE

Postby Spectre660 » Wed May 13, 2015 4:46 pm

Debian Jessie Mate - Laguna theme
Attachments
debian_Mate_Laguna_theme.png
Spectre660
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Previous

Return to Platform: AmigaOne 500 and Sam series - Linux Only

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest