Gorky 17 game for AmigaOS

Amigafan

Gorky 17 game for AmigaOS

Post by Amigafan »

I have 2 questions about upcoming release (heavily delayed) of this game for AmigaOS.
There is no separate section about Gorky 17 game yet so I post my questions here.

1) Was there any restriction in licence agreement with Hyperion concerning language/localization of the game?
The game was created by polish team and has full polish localization (text and speech). The AmigaOS version is without polish language. I would like to know is it the licence agreement problem or development problem that stopped you from adding this language?

2) Linux PPC version made by Hyperion requires only 603e CPU. PC version also needs only 233 MHz CPU. For the Amiga version release, which was planned originally in 2004, most probably 603e/604e CPU would be sufficient also.
The upcoming AmigaOS version has artificially inflated requirements to 500 MHz CPU making it impossible to play by Classic Amiga users.
Is it possible and/or planned to add version without enhancement eg. with original (not hi-res) graphic for Classic Amiga users?
I think that making the game available also for Classic Amiga users, would have higher your sales rate.
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Gorky 17 game for AmigaOS

Post by ssolie »

Amigafan wrote:There is no separate section about Gorky 17 game yet so I post my questions here.
Fixed. :D
ExecSG Team Lead
Mufa
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Mufa »

Amigafan wrote:I have 2 questions about upcoming release (heavily delayed) of this game for AmigaOS.
There is no separate section about Gorky 17 game yet so I post my questions here.

1) Was there any restriction in licence agreement with Hyperion concerning language/localization of the game?
The game was created by polish team and has full polish localization (text and speech). The AmigaOS version is without polish language. I would like to know is it the licence agreement problem or development problem that stopped you from adding this language?
Maybe just replace the language files from the PC version :?:
2) Linux PPC version made by Hyperion requires only 603e CPU. PC version also needs only 233 MHz CPU. For the Amiga version release, which was planned originally in 2004, most probably 603e/604e CPU would be sufficient also.
The upcoming AmigaOS version has artificially inflated requirements to 500 MHz CPU making it impossible to play by Classic Amiga users.
Is it possible and/or planned to add version without enhancement eg. with original (not hi-res) graphic for Classic Amiga users?
I think that making the game available also for Classic Amiga users, would have higher your sales rate.
System requirements
Linux - 300 MHz x86 CPU (PowerPC supported)
Mac - 300 MHz G3 CPU; 128 MB of RAM; 8 MB video card; Mac OS 9 or better.
No turbo card PPC Amiga has no factory clock speed 300MHz.
Amigafan

Post by Amigafan »

Mufa wrote: System requirements
Linux - 300 MHz x86 CPU (PowerPC supported)
Mac - 300 MHz G3 CPU; 128 MB of RAM; 8 MB video card; Mac OS 9 or better.
No turbo card PPC Amiga has no factory clock speed 300MHz.
??
http://www.hyperion-entertainment.biz/i ... 17?start=1
Technical Requirements - Linux Version
PII 233+ (x86) or 266 Mhz 603e/604e/G3/G4 (PPC)
64 MB of memory
These requirements can be easily meet by PPC equipped Amiga Classic.
Mufa
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Mufa »

http://web.archive.org/web/200612091333 ... .php?id=20&
On the publisher site Linux Game Publishing was PPC 300MHz.
Cyborg
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by Cyborg »

@ Amigafan

1) We used, what we got from Metropolis back then. For whatever reason, no polish translation. If you have a Windows-Version with that language, you may just copy over the language files and set it in the configuration file accordingly.. but as I didn't test this, no guarantee that it will work.

2) No idea how they came to the conclusion some 12 years ago that this game would run on BlizzardPPC or CyberstormPPC. From our recent experience with porting the game, this seems almost as has been only a very rough estimate combined with wishful thinking. As you can see on the Linux facts, the actual requirements were later bumped for Linux as well. We opted for 500MHz as it definitely rules out the Classics, where the game is basically unplayable (at least on my CyberVisionPPC equipped A4000 it's like looking at a flip-book. Maybe its better with Radeon or Voodoo, no idea). And no, it does *not* matter if there is any Amiga with 500MHz or not... AFAIK the best match would be the Sam440ep with 533MHz, so just take that as minimum requirement and you are fine. With a certain amount of more work, it might be possible to make it work better on Classics, but the target audience are clearly users of NG Amigas.
Please contact support@hyperion-entertainment.com rather than trying to send PMs to me. Thanks! :)
seventhwonder
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by seventhwonder »

I just received my Gorky 17 CD.

It runs very well on X5K and Sam460...
AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
**AmigaOne X5000 + 8GB RAM + Radeon RX 560 4GB
**Tabor A1222 + 2GB RAM + Radeon RX 550 2GB **
**Sam460 + 2GB RAM + Radeon RX 550 2GB **
SteveH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by SteveH »

I received my copy today and, as expected, it runs flawlessly on the X1000 with Radeon R7 250X. Everything is very smooth and graphics are excellent.
amig_os
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by amig_os »

SteveH wrote:I received my copy today and, as expected, it runs flawlessly on the X1000 with Radeon R7 250X. Everything is very smooth and graphics are excellent.
I bought Gorky 17 - unfortunately, the lack of Polish language :(
Polish and Russian language is in the PC version.

The game works very well: AmigaOne X1000, XFX Radeon R9 280X :):):)
outrun1978

Post by outrun1978 »

I can confirm Gorky 17 runs very well under standard software rendering mode on my Amigaone500 machine. I have a Radeon 5450 card installed.

Bravo Hyperion for the release :-)