Open for business

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.

Open for business

Postby ssolie » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:59 pm

Customers have started to receive their AmigaOS serial numbers so this forum is now open for business.
AmigaOS Development Team Lead
Be authentic. Get AmigaOS.
ssolie
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Open for business

Postby tonyw » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:14 am

Yay! New vict^H^H^H^H users!
cheers
tony
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Postby Alloye » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:46 pm

ssolie wrote:Customers have started to receive their AmigaOS serial numbers so this forum is now open for business.

Awesome! Any idea how to obtain one of these mythical serial numbers? I purchased a Cyrus board from A-EON over a year ago and have been waiting patiently for a semi-usable version of the OS. All inquiries to date have been met with silence.
Alloye

Postby ssolie » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:39 pm

Alloye wrote:Awesome! Any idea how to obtain one of these mythical serial numbers? I purchased a Cyrus board from A-EON over a year ago and have been waiting patiently for a semi-usable version of the OS. All inquiries to date have been met with silence.

Last I heard the serial numbers were sent to the dealers so contact your dealer for info.
AmigaOS Development Team Lead
Be authentic. Get AmigaOS.
ssolie
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Postby Alloye » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:38 pm

ssolie wrote:Last I heard the serial numbers were sent to the dealers so contact your dealer for info.

Thanks. I bought it directly from A-EON according to the invoice and PayPal transaction. Will keep trying. I'm really looking forward to getting this system up and running. :)
Alloye

Postby duga » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:45 pm

Alloye wrote:
ssolie wrote:Customers have started to receive their AmigaOS serial numbers so this forum is now open for business.

Awesome! Any idea how to obtain one of these mythical serial numbers? I purchased a Cyrus board from A-EON over a year ago and have been waiting patiently for a semi-usable version of the OS. All inquiries to date have been met with silence.

Are you saying you've had the X5000 for >1 year without being able to at least boot OS 4.1 FE?
duga

Postby Alloye » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:43 am

duga wrote:Are you saying you've had the X5000 for >1 year without being able to at least boot OS 4.1 FE?

Not exactly. A-EON sold me a Cyrus board with the expectation that I'd be able to join the AmigaOS beta program. For reasons that were never made clear to me, that didn't happen.

Instead, I was given special access to a "very early" build of 4.1 FE for the X5000. That build installed & booted just fine on my system; however, it was too unstable to use for more than a few minutes at a time. Frustration eventually set in and I literally packed the whole thing up and stored it in my closet for a few months.

Fast forward to now, and I'm happy to report that I have my serial number and access to the pre-release ISO. I'll be unboxing the machine after Christmas to give it another try. (I recently relocated to a new state and haven't yet unpacked any of my vintage/hobby gear.)

If things go well this time, I'd like to get into software development on the platform. I'm a software engineer by trade and learned my first "professional" language (C) on the Amiga in the late 80s.
Alloye

Postby 328gts » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:17 am

Alloye wrote:...
Fast forward to now, and I'm happy to report that I have my serial number and access to the pre-release ISO. I'll be unboxing the machine after Christmas to give it another try. (I recently relocated to a new state and haven't yet unpacked any of my vintage/hobby gear.)

If things go well this time, I'd like to get into software development on the platform. I'm a software engineer by trade and learned my first "professional" language (C) on the Amiga in the late 80s.

awesome stuff! I hope you've got your X5K up n running nice n stable now ??
A1-X1000 setup: Corsair GS800 800w PSU, Western Digital 250 GB SATA HDD (model:WD2500YS), 4GB Ram, Radeon HD7950-3GB GDDR5- Dual Slot, Lite-On RW DVD/CD, On-Board Nemo sound,8139B NIC, Catweasel MK4+
328gts

Postby Alloye » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:28 am

328gts wrote:I hope you've got your X5K up n running nice n stable now ??

As a matter of fact, I just installed the pre-release build this afternoon. The system seems to be working quite nicely now. Kudos to the AmigaOS team!
Last edited by Alloye on Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alloye

Postby 328gts » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:09 am

@ Alloye

:D
A1-X1000 setup: Corsair GS800 800w PSU, Western Digital 250 GB SATA HDD (model:WD2500YS), 4GB Ram, Radeon HD7950-3GB GDDR5- Dual Slot, Lite-On RW DVD/CD, On-Board Nemo sound,8139B NIC, Catweasel MK4+
328gts

Return to Platform: AmigaOne X5000