Making uBoot SD Card Backup on X5K

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
amigasociety

Making uBoot SD Card Backup on X5K

Post by amigasociety »

About to received my X5K and want to make an immediate backup of the uBoot and all on the SD Card. I want to be ready in case that card every fails or something else happens.

Is there an easy "leave it in the X5K" method to make this 100% duplicate backup of that SD Card?

Please advise and thank you.

TJ
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Making uBoot SD Card Backup on X5K

Post by tonyw »

Hey TJ,

Yes, there is, but it's a bit fiddly and not suitable for Joe Public to use. I'll write a more user-friendly version.

In the meantime, don't fret about losing everything if it dies - the SD cards are dirt cheap and the firmware is easily replaced. The betatesters have all done it many times over the development period. Any X5000 owner in the States could mail you a replacement card in a jiffy or you can do it yourself with a bit of assistance from another Amiga.
cheers
tony
amigasociety

Post by amigasociety »

Hi Tony, yes would like to just be ready for that day. Would prefer I make one and be ready is all so I don't have to rely on getting one elsewhere, as that same person would have had to make a copy anyway, and no sense the long delay mailing one.

Hoping making a duplicate can be done in 2017 then via this more user-friendly version, if that happens in 2017. ;-)

I guess I could always remove the card and make a copy that way.

You think Hyperion will upload the copy to their download system at some point. Might be a good idea.

TJ
tonyw wrote:Hey TJ,

Yes, there is, but it's a bit fiddly and not suitable for Joe Public to use. I'll write a more user-friendly version.

In the meantime, don't fret about losing everything if it dies - the SD cards are dirt cheap and the firmware is easily replaced. The betatesters have all done it many times over the development period. Any X5000 owner in the States could mail you a replacement card in a jiffy or you can do it yourself with a bit of assistance from another Amiga.
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
msalcedo
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by msalcedo »

Hey TJ, Tony,

Remember, I can help if you need, as we're kind of local to SACC...

I really doubt it will be an issue.
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

TJ,

U-Boot was not written by Hyperion but by the hardware and Linux guys who designed and debugged the board. A-Eon has posted new versions of the U-Boot image in the past (for beta testers) and they should be everyone's first call for replacements.

Hyperion wrote and support the "amigaboot.ub" which is also stored in the SD card (along with the splash screen animation and the env-vars). Both the U-Boot part and the amigaboot part can be reprogrammed with new contents (1) under OS4, (2) using U-Boot in command line mode, or (3) on another computer. There are plenty of options.

"Amigaboot.ub" is the modern replacement for the old Second Level Booter (SLB) that was used in the A1-XE and Sams.
cheers
tony
Syntax

Post by Syntax »

Any one having a copy of uboot they can mail to me?
I have been playing with uboot and now its not working.

Tommy
duga

Post by duga »

Syntax wrote:Any one having a copy of uboot they can mail to me?
I have been playing with uboot and now its not working.

Tommy
Which parameters did you change? Have you tried to restore them to the defaults?
Syntax

Post by Syntax »

[/quote]

Which parameters did you change? Have you tried to restore them to the defaults?[/quote]

Well.. I was messing with setenv preboot.. but now I think I have restored all to default, so need all parameters to load the bootscreen/menu again.
I can boot Amigaos with using sata init and boota

Tommy
Aftermath

Post by Aftermath »

Tommy[/quote]

Which parameters did you change? Have you tried to restore them to the defaults?[/quote]

How do you restore uboot to its default settings? Additionally, where can I find a list of uboots
default settings?
smf
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by smf »

Aftermath wrote:where can I find a list of uboots
default settings?
I dont know where to find the default ones but here's my settings.
Lot's of linux junk in there but just ignore it ;)

Code: Select all

11.Workbench:> c:NVGetVar 
amigaboot_quiet=N
amigabootmenu_animate=1
amigabootmenu_animcycles=1
amigabootmenu_default=0
baudrate=115200
bdev=sda3
bootargs=root=/dev/mmcblk1p3 console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 mem=3500M rootdelay=10
bootargs_live=root=/dev/ramdisk boot=casper mem=3500M ro --
bootargs_live_debug=root=/dev/ramdisk boot=casper mem=3500M ro break debug
bootcmd=setenv bootargs root=/dev/$bdev rw console=$consoledev,$baudrate $othbootargs;tftp $loadaddr $bootfile;tftp $fdtaddr $fdtfile;bootm $loadaddr - $fdtaddr
bootdelay=10
bootdvd=scsi reset ; load scsi 0 2000000 boot_dvd ; bootm 2000000
bootfile=uImage
consoledev=ttyS0
ethact=FM1@DTSEC4
ethernetboot=echo Running Ethernet Boot
ethprime=FM1@DTSEC4
fbsd=fatload mmc 0:2 0x3ffffc0 fbsd/kernel.cyrus.uImage ; fatload mmc 0:2 c00000 fbsd/cyrus_p5020f.dtb ; bootm 0x3ffffc0 - c00000
fbsd_nodtb=fatload mmc 0:2 0x3ffffc0 fbsd/kernel.cyrus.uImage ; go 4001000
fdtaddr=c00000
filesize=97928b
fman_ucode=7fe335c0
harddiskboot=echo Running Hard Disk Boot
hwconfig=fsl_ddr:ctlr_intlv=cacheline,bank_intlv=cs0_cs1;usb1:dr_mode=host,phy_type=utmi;usb2:dr_mode=host,phy_type=utmi
linuxboot=fatload mmc 0:2 1000000 cyrus-4.8.uimage ; fatload mmc 0:2 1c00000 dtb/cyrus_5020-poweroff.dtb ; bootm 1000000 - 1c00000
linuxrd=fatload mmc 0:2 1000000 cyrus-4.8.uimage ; fatload mmc 0:2 1c00000 dtb/cyrus_5020-poweroff.dtb ; fatload mmc 0:2 2000000 slitaz4.ub ; bootm 1000000 2000000 1c00000
liveusb=usb start ; setenv bootargs_live_debug ; ext2load usb 1:1 2000000 boot_dvd ; bootm 2000000
loadaddr=1000000
loadbmps=mmc read 0x10005000 0x500 0x200; mmc read 0x20000000 0x10000 0x20000
massboot=scsi reset ; usb reset ; boota
mos=bootmorphos
netdev=eth0
nfsboot=setenv bootargs root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=$serverip:$rootpath ip=$ipaddr:$serverip:$gatewayip:$netmask:$hostname:$netdev:off console=$consoledev,$baudrate $othbootargs;tftp $loadaddr $bootfile;tftp $fdtaddr $fdtfile;bootm $loadaddr - $fdtaddr
opticalboot=scsi reset ; sata init ; boota
os4_commandline=serial debuglevel=0
preboot=run loadbmps;bmp d 0x20000000;ami
ramboot=setenv bootargs root=/dev/ram rw console=$consoledev,$baudrate $othbootargs;tftp $ramdiskaddr $ramdiskfile;tftp $loadaddr $bootfile;tftp $fdtaddr $fdtfile;bootm $loadaddr $ramdiskaddr $fdtaddr
ramdiskaddr=2000000
ramdiskfile=ramdisk.uboot
rootpath=/opt/nfsroot
scsidevs=0
stdin=usbkbd,serial
stdout=serial,vga
uboot=u-boot.bin
ubootaddr=0xFFF80000