How to tell if Warp3D is working on X5000

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
cha05e90

Re: How to tell if Warp3D is working on X5000

Post by cha05e90 »

ssolie wrote: Warp3D = old school 3D rendering
Warp3DNova = modern 3D rendering with shaders (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shader)
Warp3D_SI = semi-old school 3D rendering especially for modern Southern Island GPU.

I must admit that someone might be confused by this...
X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
daz
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by daz »

amigasociety wrote:I don't believe my Warp3D is working on my new X5K using the Radeon HD 7750 that came with it from Amiga On The Lake.

My Boing Screenblanker fails to work and the Cow3D also errors on me. Double clicking the Cow3D-Amiga-ppc gives me error "Can't create Warp3D context! (error -4). Can't SetTextureBlend (error -2).
That means it can't open a 3D driver IIRC

So you are aware:

Warp3D is supplied with OS4, by Hyperion. They supply a R200 3D driver only.

A-Eon sell a SI Warp3D driver, you'd need that for your 7750 to run Warp3D programs

Warp3DNova is a very different product - despite the name.
You have the enhancer you should also have the Warp3DNova SI driver. At the moment there is only AmiCraftNova you can run with that. I expect that change.
Looking in my Libs drawer I see the follow regarding Warp3D and Warp3DNova

Warp3D (the drawer)
The actual 3D drivers live in the HWDrivers drawer in this one.

Regards
Darren
pgovotsos

Post by pgovotsos »

amigasociety wrote:
zzd10h wrote:Ah yes, you are right.

I thought that RadeonHD Southern Island was included in Enhancer package... My mistake. Sorry
Nope, it does not appear to be.

I think this has made for some confusion about Warp3D.

I guess some have thought Warp3DNova is a replacement for Warp3D and was is taking its place. Therefore if you have it, it can handle the older and newer Warp3D based apps.

But they seem to be two separate packages so if one wants to run Warp3D based apps, they need to buy the original Warp3D to make it happen.

TJ
Ok, I'm confused by this. According to the RadeonHD page, v1 is included in standard edition and v2 is included in the plus version. V2 has support for Southern Island.

http://wiki.amiga.org/index.php?title=RadeonHD
amigasociety

Post by amigasociety »

RadeonHD Driver is not Warp3D. That is just the driver to make the card work in various AmigaOS systems.

So yes, the X5K comes with RadeonHD.... not Warp3D.

TJ
pgovotsos wrote:
amigasociety wrote:

I thought that RadeonHD Southern Island was included in Enhancer package... My mistake. Sorry

I guess some have thought Warp3DNova is a replacement for Warp3D and was is taking its place. Therefore if you have it, it can handle the older and newer Warp3D based apps.

But they seem to be two separate packages so if one wants to run Warp3D based apps, they need to buy the original Warp3D to make it happen.

TJ
Ok, I'm confused by this. According to the RadeonHD page, v1 is included in standard edition and v2 is included in the plus version. V2 has support for Southern Island.

http://wiki.amiga.org/index.php?title=RadeonHD
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
pgovotsos

Post by pgovotsos »

amigasociety wrote:RadeonHD Driver is not Warp3D. That is just the driver to make the card work in various AmigaOS systems.

So yes, the X5K comes with RadeonHD.... not Warp3D.

TJ
amigasociety wrote:

TJ
Sorry, the quoting makes it a bit unclear. Zzd10h thought that RadeonHD was included in the enhancer package, you said it wasn't. That's what my confusion is over, not Warp3D/Nova. The wiki clearly says that the Southern Island driver is in the enhancer package. Your no confused me. Please don't ask my wife how easy this is :)
amigasociety

Post by amigasociety »

You are correct pgovotsos, hehe. Quotes got it all crazied up. Sorry I made it more confusing. I did not catch that he put RadeonHD instead of Warp3D that we had been chatting about.

Radeon HD - yes
Warp3D not for my Radeon 7750 at least. Think it has one for like R200 or something.
Warp3DNova yes

;-)

TJ
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor