DVD drive disappears

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
radzikpl

DVD drive disappears

Post by radzikpl »

I have interesting queston. When X5000 first time boots DVD drive is presen as wel for Media Toobox, AmiDVD.
But after warm reboot there is no more DVD in system... Of course after hard reboot DVD is present.

X5000 is bought as completely system.So far I did not change nothing in computer.
Attachments
DVD not working
DVD not working
DVD working
DVD working
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: DVD drive disappears

Post by tonyw »

Media Toolbox is trying to tell you what is wrong and asking for permission to fix it. Just click the "Yes" button, then select the disk device that says "Modified" in the right of the window and click "Save".After a warm reboot, all should be well.
cheers
tony
thomasrapp

Post by thomasrapp »

tonyw wrote:Media Toolbox is trying to tell you what is wrong and asking for permission to fix it. Just click the "Yes" button, then select the disk device that says "Modified" in the right of the window and click "Save".After a warm reboot, all should be well.
No, it doesn't! This message means that Media Toolbox recognised that the DVD drive has been removed. Letting it save the changes will only tell it to disregard the drive in the future which is exactly the opposite of what we need.
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ssolie »

radzikpl wrote:I have interesting queston. When X5000 first time boots DVD drive is presen as wel for Media Toobox, AmiDVD.
But after warm reboot there is no more DVD in system... Of course after hard reboot DVD is present.
The p5020 SATA driver is still not finished in regards to ATAPI devices so I wouldn't worry about it. The current driver is just enough to boot the system and a little bit more but I wouldn't push it too far. Just don't expect everything to work in the ATAPI dept.

I'm working on an updated driver that will be better at ATAPI stuff but it is still in the works.
ExecSG Team Lead
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

thomasrapp wrote:This message means that Media Toolbox recognised that the DVD drive has been removed.
My mistake then. If that is so, then it could be caused by an intermittent SATA cable.
cheers
tony
Amigo1

Post by Amigo1 »

I can confirm this,

Happens here too.

But contrary to what it logically should do, even if I save the new configuration to the HD (means the DVD is not in the list of connected devices anymore) it still reads the media when a disk is inserted in the optical drive.
Ribdevil

Post by Ribdevil »

ssolie wrote:
radzikpl wrote:I have interesting queston. When X5000 first time boots DVD drive is presen as wel for Media Toobox, AmiDVD.
The p5020 SATA driver is still not finished in regards to ATAPI devices so I wouldn't worry about it. The current driver is just enough to boot the system and a little bit more but I wouldn't push it too far. Just don't expect everything to work in the ATAPI dept.

I'm working on an updated driver that will be better at ATAPI stuff but it is still in the works.

Another strange issue. In every change of Cd, the device unit changes.
So, first cd insert = CD1:
Eject this and insert again: CD2:
Eject this and insert again: now CD3:

This is problem for me, cause I made a script to automatic update of my mp3 music cd database.
But whit this change of device don't works.

Virginio
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ssolie »

Ribdevil wrote:Another strange issue. In every change of Cd, the device unit changes...
That is normal behaviour right now. Like I said, I'm working on a new driver. Don't expect this one to behave with ATAPI devices. It is meant only for booting and installing the OS.
ExecSG Team Lead