Odyssey - YouTube - Offline Movies - system freezes

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
Spectre660

Re: Odyssey - YouTube - Offline Movies - system freezes

Post by Spectre660 »

Blame your dealer ?.
Everything shipped as part of a complete system should be tested as working before shipping.
The one component not yet supported is the onboard ethernet .
A Working PCI card should be supplied with each motherboard until it is .
Acill wrote:I have a SIIG PCI that mine came with and have audio lock ups or the sound will just go away. This happens regularly if I play any mp3 or Tunein (From the enhancer plus 1.3 pack) or even youtube videos. I've also ordered a used SBLive card (0220) model from eBay for $8 shipped, hope it solves my issues too. Its getting very frustrating to see a $2k machine act this way.
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
Acill

Post by Acill »

You would think that, but I am not the only one it seems with this same hardware installed new in an X5000 having issues. I just received my used ($8 shipped, cant beat that) SV Live! card. I've had it playing streaming internet radio on Tunein for about 3 songs for maybe 10 minutes so far as I am posting this. We will see how it works out. I can say that it sounds a million times better through my Bose computer speaker system so far though.

Fingers crossed it doesnt cut out like my SIIG ATF3614X has been doing.
icbrkr

Post by icbrkr »

Acill wrote:I have a SIIG PCI that mine came with and have audio lock ups or the sound will just go away. This happens regularly if I play any mp3 or Tunein (From the enhancer plus 1.3 pack) or even youtube videos. I've also ordered a used SBLive card (0220) model from eBay for $8 shipped, hope it solves my issues too. Its getting very frustrating to see a $2k machine act this way.
Yup, my machine came with a SIIG PCI as well (guessing you got it from AOTL). I ordered a 220, but ended up with a 4758 I think - pretty much the same model just with some extras on it. It's working fine.
Spectre660

Post by Spectre660 »

@Cyborg

There was also a work around for the EMU10kx driver and freezes when using Ethernet .

http://os4depot.net/index.php?function= ... mu10kx.lha
Cyborg wrote:Interesting, thanks for the report.

However, at the moment, I can't explain why it actually works. Maybe there are workarounds in the driver as well, but I currently lack the time to check the code. Sorry.
xenic

Post by xenic »

Spectre660 wrote: There was also a work around for the EMU10kx driver and freezes when using Ethernet .
That appears to be the same driver that is included with OS4.1FE. The version and file size are the same. The 'cmp' command in the SDK indicates that they are identical.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
Spectre660

Post by Spectre660 »

Referring to comment in history 6.2.
Which indicates thta earlier hardware also experienced freezes with Sound and Ethernet at the same time

History:
--------

6.7: - Merged with original 68k source and made compatible with new memory
system.

6.2: - This version should hopefully fix the freezes that
people experienced when playing sound together with
using ethernet (eth3com).

xenic wrote:
Spectre660 wrote: There was also a work around for the EMU10kx driver and freezes when using Ethernet .
That appears to be the same driver that is included with OS4.1FE. The version and file size are the same. The 'cmp' command in the SDK indicates that they are identical.
Acill

Post by Acill »

I've had my system streaming since I installed the card on friday non stop now. No issues at all. I think it is safe to say I have solved my lockup issues. Its the longest my X5000 has played audion been online since getting it.
xenic

Post by xenic »

Spectre660 wrote:Referring to comment in history 6.2.
Which indicates thta earlier hardware also experienced freezes with Sound and Ethernet at the same time
I also noticed that the CMI8738 driver (v5.17) is the same one included with all OS4 hardware except the X5000. The v5.17 driver worked properly with CMI8738 based sound cards on my X1000 which makes me wonder if the current problems are caused by the newer driver or the X5000 hardware.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
Spectre660

Post by Spectre660 »

@Cyborg

In the event that someone gets the time to look into the CMI8738 driver
here is some Info about my working CMI8738 pci card. As it is pci there is no ASM1083 involved.
So there may be multiple issues with the CMI8738 cards.
My card is listed as a 4 Channel card.
There is no Center/Subwoofer jack.This may were the issue with the pci cards is .
The newer CMI8738 pci models are listed as 5.1chanel and have the Center/Subwoofer jack.

eDio SC3400D 4-Channel 3D Live Theater PCI Sound Card
https://www.amazon.com/eDio-SC3400D-4-C ... B00H29S3HE

Cyborg wrote:Interesting, thanks for the report.

However, at the moment, I can't explain why it actually works. Maybe there are workarounds in the driver as well, but I currently lack the time to check the code. Sorry.
Attachments
CMI8738_PCI.png