Odyssey - YouTube - Offline Movies - system freezes

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.

Re: Odyssey - YouTube - Offline Movies - system freezes

Postby Spectre660 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:16 pm

@Cyborg

As Seventhwonder's Envy24ht card has the rev 3 ASM1083 we cant use his experiences to verify if the versions with the rev 1 work on the X5000 .
If they don't then that means both supported pceix1 models, CMI8738 and Envy24ht , will have models that currently won't work on the X5000 .
Spectre660
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Odyssey - YouTube - Offline Movies - system freezes

Postby Cyborg » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:22 pm

Yes, this is all a BFM with those broken bridges... other operating systems have the same problems, the difference is, they have a strategy to at least not freeze with such rogue and broken hardware. This is what we are currently discussing among the developers, how to minimize the impact of such hardware in future. But one thing is clear: they will never work flawlessly.
User avatar
Cyborg
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Odyssey - YouTube - Offline Movies - system freezes

Postby radzikpl » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:26 pm

I have new CMI Card from Alinea Computer and now there is no problem. But in AHI Record I can't boost Mic Input. On SB Live there was this option.
radzikpl
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:53 pm

Re: Odyssey - YouTube - Offline Movies - system freezes

Postby Spectre660 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:15 am

@Cyborg

Confirming that my Envy24HT pciex1 card with an ASM1083 revision 1 works on my X5000 .

Cyborg wrote:
Spectre660 wrote:The ASM1083 may not be the issue at all.
I have an Envy24HT pciex1 card with an ASM1083 revision 1 that works with simultaneous audio and video playback on the Sam460ex.
Sound card purchased from ACube .


I'm not sure if the Sam460 is a good testbed. At least the CMI driver includes workarounds for the ASMedia problem if ran on Sam460, which work there, because a different IRQ is used and the original one not shared. We can't use the same technique on other machines unfortunately. Even without that specific workaround, on a Sam460, the sound card/ASMedia does not need to share its interrupt, which greatly influences experience. (for example, I also have a workaround for the CMI cards on X5000, which works as long as the interrupt is not shared.. obviously that is nothing to bet on)

So the real question is: does the card work in the X5000?
Attachments
ASM1083_Rev_1_Envy24HT.png
Envy24HT.png
Last edited by Spectre660 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spectre660
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Odyssey - YouTube - Offline Movies - system freezes

Postby Cyborg » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:43 am

Interesting, thanks for the report.

However, at the moment, I can't explain why it actually works. Maybe there are workarounds in the driver as well, but I currently lack the time to check the code. Sorry.
User avatar
Cyborg
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Odyssey - YouTube - Offline Movies - system freezes

Postby Spectre660 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:58 pm

@Cyborg

Not a problem .
I was just putting on record that the card works.
Spectre660
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Odyssey - YouTube - Offline Movies - system freezes

Postby Roland » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:22 am

I am not at all familiar with audio cards, so I would like to ask... Is this card anyhow affected by the problems discussed here:

https://www.amazon.fr/KALEA-INFORMATIQU ... B00CI7D72G

The test program for which there was a link in Cyborg's earlier message does not recognize it, and AmigaOS Audio prefs sees it as a Envy24HT card.
- Roland -
Roland
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:23 am

Re: Odyssey - YouTube - Offline Movies - system freezes

Postby Spectre660 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:07 pm

It is indeed an Envy24HT card.
These cards also have the bridge chip that have the problem with the CMI cards.
However based on my postings above some Envy24HT cards with the problematic version of the bridge chip (Revision 1)
may work . Mine is the only report of a version with the revision 1 chip working thus far though.

Roland wrote:I am not at all familiar with audio cards, so I would like to ask... Is this card anyhow affected by the problems discussed here:

https://www.amazon.fr/KALEA-INFORMATIQU ... B00CI7D72G

The test program for which there was a link in Cyborg's earlier message does not recognize it, and AmigaOS Audio prefs sees it as a Envy24HT card.
Spectre660
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Odyssey - YouTube - Offline Movies - system freezes

Postby Roland » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:30 pm

Spectre660 wrote:It is indeed an Envy24HT card.
These cards also have the bridge chip that have the problem with the CMI cards.
However based on my postings above some Envy24HT cards with the problematic version of the bridge chip (Revision 1)
may work . Mine is the only report of a version with the revision 1 chip working thus far though.


Is there some tool which can be used to check the chip revision on Envy24HT cards?
- Roland -
Roland
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:23 am

Re: Odyssey - YouTube - Offline Movies - system freezes

Postby Spectre660 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:40 pm

Ranger.
The version that works on the X5000 is a comercial version available from A-Eon's Amistore .
http://www.amistore.net/

The info from Ranger :
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3625&start=30#p40225


Roland wrote:
Spectre660 wrote:It is indeed an Envy24HT card.
These cards also have the bridge chip that have the problem with the CMI cards.
However based on my postings above some Envy24HT cards with the problematic version of the bridge chip (Revision 1)
may work . Mine is the only report of a version with the revision 1 chip working thus far though.


Is there some tool which can be used to check the chip revision on Envy24HT cards?
Spectre660
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

PreviousNext

Return to Platform: AmigaOne X5000

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests