Update for X5000

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
dstastny

Update for X5000

Post by dstastny »

I noticed that FE update 1 has been released for all other platforms and that version we have on our X5000 is actually the final release. If that is truly the case will our splash screen forever say Prerelease?

Thanks
Doug
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Update for X5000

Post by tonyw »

All other platforms have caught up and are now at the same level of release as your X5000, despite what the splash screen says. The X5000 splash screen was created long before the Update.
cheers
tony
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ssolie »

dstastny wrote:I noticed that FE update 1 has been released for all other platforms and that version we have on our X5000 is actually the final release. If that is truly the case will our splash screen forever say Prerelease?
The X5000 is not a finished product. There is no Ethernet driver, the SATA driver isn't complete, there are very few OS optimizations, etc. The term "Final Edition" refers to the 4.1 OS release approaching end of life as we transition to 4.2. Ideally, there should not have been any 4.1 Final Edition updates and it certainly doesn't make a lot of sense but plans don't always pan out... ;)

The term "prerelease" is a warning to adjust your expectations accordingly. It isn't finished yet.
ExecSG Team Lead
dstastny

Post by dstastny »

Thanks gentleman for clarifications. Overall experience for last month has been pretty good. I can sense the areas that need a bit more tuning but overall its a really fun experience.

Regards
Doug